MC was angry

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: MC was angry

Post by lukeyrid13 »

It was an unnecessary pop.....but honestly, we see 2-3 of those each game on both sides. It was nothing egregious or out of the ordinary. It's football, and like it or not, guys will take a free legal shot when they can.
JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Post by JIDuck97 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:It was an unnecessary pop.....but honestly, we see 2-3 of those each game on both sides. It was nothing egregious or out of the ordinary. It's football, and like it or not, guys will take a free legal shot when they can.

It was a clothesline forearm to the neck, elbow out at 90 degrees and arm curled in as a ridge..
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I finally watched it, I don’t think the Stony Brook player intended to create contact but once he realized he was going to make contact he made the most out of it.
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

I was an intention forearm to the head and neck with no reason as the play was well passed. Like the Haloti hit on the kick off
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

So are you all looking at that Youtube video that Phalanx posted and I had in my tweet?

This one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOaDQF7wjBA

If so put it on super slow motion. (In settings > Normal Speed > .25)

When Franklin is knocked into the path of the of the SB player, that player is one stride away running at full speed. His hands start to come up but don't get past chest high prior to the the collision. Franklin doesn't see it coming. The initial collision is a massive face mask to face mask impact. The SB player doesn't dip his head, Franklin's head is slightly dipped forward. The SB player has 100% of the the forward momentum so he runs through the contact. His arms continue to follow through and end up below Franklins chin as he runs through the contact.

Have you ever seen a player intentionally blast a player with his own face? No dip of the helmet or use of the shoulder.

And yes the SB player should have been following the play, as there might be a fumble forced or stupidly dropped before the goal line. Plus one second before the contact SB25 got 2 hands on Thornton and SB26 was 3 yards in front of Thornton before Franklin took him out with a block to his back.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

GrandpaDuck wrote:So are you all looking at that Youtube video that Phalanx posted and I had in my tweet?

This one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOaDQF7wjBA

If so put it on super slow motion. (In settings > Normal Speed > .25)

When Franklin is knocked into the path of the of the SB player, that player is one stride away running at full speed. His hands start to come up but don't get past chest high prior to the the collision. Franklin doesn't see it coming. The initial collision is a massive face mask to face mask impact. The SB player doesn't dip his head, Franklin's head is slightly dipped forward. The SB player has 100% of the the forward momentum so he runs through the contact. His arms continue to follow through and end up below Franklins chin as he runs through the contact.

Have you ever seen a player intentionally blast a player with his own face? No dip of the helmet or use of the shoulder.

And yes the SB player should have been following the play, as there might be a fumble forced or stupidly dropped before the goal line. Plus one second before the contact SB25 got 2 hands on Thornton and SB26 was 3 yards in front of Thornton before Franklin took him out with a block to his back.
No,that’s a garbage angle. If that’s all you are basing anything on then yeah you would be right except Franklin didn’t move backwards at all. There was an angle during the game from the other side of the field, which you can clearly see that 17 purposely runs into Franklin.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I think the hit was intentional. Compare with this video of the original telecast at around the 8:40 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2Vub5o9iHo

Thornton was actually not that far down the field, which is probably why there wasn't a flag. It was an unnecessary hit though, and it had the perfect set up, as the guy Franklin was blocking fell down just as #17 comes up to make the hit. Franklin was completely vulnerable and in the direct path.

Anyway, the highlight of the second video for me was seeing who Mario was yelling at. You can see the clear targeting and leading with the forearm though. I don't see how anyone can say that was an accident. The dude had every opportunity to pull up, and he plowed through instead. He wouldn't have done that if it was his teammate. I don't think Mario crosses the field hurling f-bombs over accidental hits.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Funny thing about football, there are collisions. Don’t think it was intentional, if it was a cheap shot it was legal, no flag. It is football boys, people give and take hits.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

If only Zapruder had been there
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

Nice historical reference. I wonder how many will get it.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Quietduck wrote:Nice historical reference. I wonder how many will get it.
spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit

Post by spacefrog13x »

I think MC was more pissed that the Stony Brook sideline seamed to celebrate the hit that injured a player, than the play itself.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Imagine what MC would have done to Eastern Washington with the Vernon Adams hit then
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Intentional or not, two things are certain. He should have been thrown out of the game for targeting on defenseless player and Stony Brook team is pathetic for cheering a cheap hit that injured a player down on the field while they're already down big late in the game.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

alxtw wrote:Intentional or not, two things are certain. He should have been thrown out of the game for targeting on defenseless player and Stony Brook team is pathetic for cheering a cheap hit that injured a player down on the field while they're already down big late in the game.
Agreed on the celebration part, also challenging that fumble late in the 4th was classless and pathetic. Wish Oregon scored another TD on them.