Arizona @ #3 Oregon (Sept. 25, Sat 7:30 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Re: Arizona @ #3 Oregon (Sept. 25, Sat 7:30 PM ESPN)

Post by woundedknees »

Bad.Ass.

That is all.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:Oregon breaking out a new combo, going with black helmet/green jerseys/black pants.
Not bad. Wouldn't think I'd like it, but not bad!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Should pop on TV at night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Bring back the Green Helmets with Yellow O if we can't do the metallic wings. That matte stuff looks poor.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

It's basically the same combo they wore against Cal in 2011 for their Pac-12 opener.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Thinking on this game, I think it has the potential to be more frustrating than Duck fans would like it to be. Arizona's offense is total trash, and their ability to score will be dependent on Oregon making terrible mistakes or coming out flat. However, on the defensive side, they disguise blitzes and throw everything but the kitchen sink at you. What Oregon has been terrible at so far this year is handling complicated defensive rushes (see Anthony Brown getting hit repeatedly against the Seawolves of Stony Brook).

If it's going to have a "Pac-12 After Dark" effect and play out in a weird way, it's going to be Oregon's OL struggling to block Arizona and potentially getting its QB hurt and throwing the game into disarray.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Those helmets are great.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

I predict 300 rushing yards tonight. 56-14 final score
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

StevensTechU wrote:Thinking on this game, I think it has the potential to be more frustrating than Duck fans would like it to be. Arizona's offense is total trash, and their ability to score will be dependent on Oregon making terrible mistakes or coming out flat. However, on the defensive side, they disguise blitzes and throw everything but the kitchen sink at you. What Oregon has been terrible at so far this year is handling complicated defensive rushes (see Anthony Brown getting hit repeatedly against the Seawolves of Stony Brook).

If it's going to have a "Pac-12 After Dark" effect and play out in a weird way, it's going to be Oregon's OL struggling to block Arizona and potentially getting its QB hurt and throwing the game into disarray.
I’m curious your answer, why does the Oline struggle so bad at pass protection? Their run blocking seems good, but their pass protection is awful. It’a like they’ve never seen a blitz package before. Is Mirabel not a good Oline coach? It’s one thing when Freshman are getting confused, but we’re seeing 5th year seniors get confused by a simply blitz package and letting guys go through untouched. I don’t understand why they’re so bad at pass protection.

I can’t trust the OLine enough to see Oregon go undefeated.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I think the Ducks SHOULD go undefeated, but yeah, I still don't completely trust this team yet. Beating Ohio State was incredible, but Mario's Ducks still need to prove they can throttle inferior competition.

I was thinking back to the Chip Kelly days when going to a Duck game was like going to a rock concert. There was so much energy in the stadium because everyone knew we were just going to DESTROY whoever we faced. I'm sure part of the problem right now is COVID protocols and a stadium that isn't completely packed (although I'm expecting a more packed house tonight), but right now the energy surrounding the program just isn't the same, and I feel it's because these Ducks still haven't proven themselves as a juggernaut to be reckoned with.

Again... beating Ohio State was incredible... HUGE win for the program... but the Ducks need to be curb-stomping teams like Arizona to really establish their dominance and so far they haven't really done that. Until they do, trusting them to take care of business will always feel like a gamble.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

OregonFan4Life wrote: I can’t trust the OLine enough to see Oregon go undefeated.
Obviously part of it is on coaching, but I wonder how much of it falls on Forsyth. I don't want to call any single player out but isn't the center the "QB" of the OL? Pretty sure the center's responsibility is to call everything out and make sure everyone is accounted for.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

I hope the team comes out full bore. That they play to the level of the opponent is worrisome. Play well, hard, and fast and make the other team lose heart.
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

pezsez1 wrote:
I think the Ducks SHOULD go undefeated, but yeah, I still don't completely trust this team yet. Beating Ohio State was incredible, but Mario's Ducks still need to prove they can throttle inferior competition.

I was thinking back to the Chip Kelly days when going to a Duck game was like going to a rock concert. There was so much energy in the stadium because everyone knew we were just going to DESTROY whoever we faced. I'm sure part of the problem right now is COVID protocols and a stadium that isn't completely packed (although I'm expecting a more packed house tonight), but right now the energy surrounding the program just isn't the same, and I feel it's because these Ducks still haven't proven themselves as a juggernaut to be reckoned with.

Again... beating Ohio State was incredible... HUGE win for the program... but the Ducks need to be curb-stomping teams like Arizona to really establish their dominance and so far they haven't really done that. Until they do, trusting them to take care of business will always feel like a gamble.
48-7 wasn't enough of a throttling for you?
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

48-7 wasn't enough of a throttling for you?
Not really, because it was only 17-7 at halftime and our backup only got reps because the starter got sacked twice to end the half.

Neat final score -- definitely kept our positioning in the polls -- but the Ducks didn't intimidate anyone with that win.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
OrTDuck
Two Star Recruit

Post by OrTDuck »

My guess is we don't see two (significant) "let down" games in a row?

It will be interesting to see how "the blitz" is handled. It been a topic of conversation just about everywhere I've looked, so I don't know if it's unreasonably to expect a degree of preparation.

Night games often are odd, and on paper it probably isn't going to be a game that wins any beauty contests (UA is more than likely in for a long year and everyone entering the game is aware of that and sometimes those aren't the most focused four quarter contests). A solid win and NO injuries and keep rolling.