Arizona @ #3 Oregon (Sept. 25, Sat 7:30 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lmduck

Re: Arizona @ #3 Oregon (Sept. 25, Sat 7:30 PM ESPN)

Post by lmduck »

Alan wrote:
lmduck wrote:
Alan wrote:Mario looked pissed enough at his team after the game, it’s a post game interview I would like to see. Any heads up on where I can see the post game video?
Don't think they stream it but I could be wrong.

He was pissed to say the least and his explosion with Hutson was pretty brutal. I get getting in his face but Mario might have gone a little too far. Save some of it for behind closed doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree he may have gone a little far but I certainly understand it. Team playing like crap, dumb penalties many of which were false starts. I have much respect for Hutson, he pulled a total showboat stunt that cost the Ducks the big game and a scoring opportunity, but he looked Cristabol straight in the eye and took his anger and said the right thing. Reading hutsons lips it was nothing but “yes sir!”, “yes sir!”, Yes sir! The freshman took it like a man and knew he had screwed up…… much respect.

Mario came into the game pissed, he was barking at someone on the headset right after the quick TD, a minute into the game. Reading his lips it was “get it right!”….. I think he had been simmering for a while.
Thanks for the insights. I could not read Hutson's lips so yeah, kudos to him for owning it. He was back in the game later so obviously Mario moved on too. I saw BMac get in Hutson's face too.

The only person who seemed really bothered was Gilmore who I just find to be a horrible announcer. As I said , he has always disliked UO since the CK days and he hadn't changed much. He also just does not add any special insights that make you want to
Listen to him. I'm not a huge fan of Klatt either but at least he provides relevant insights.

rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

4 - 0
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

lmduck wrote:
Alan wrote:Mario looked pissed enough at his team after the game, it’s a post game interview I would like to see. Any heads up on where I can see the post game video?

He was pissed to say the least and his explosion with Hutson was pretty brutal. I get getting in his face but Mario might have gone a little too far. Save some of it for behind closed doors.

I also felt like a lot of that anger was built up by other coaches and players and Hutson got all the frustration laid out on him. Didn’t love it either. Honestly what Hutson did wasn’t even terrible. It wasn’t as taunting as the commentators made it out to be. Stupid play. And he deserve a good Yelling, but not to be absolutely destroyed on TV.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
lmduck wrote:

I also felt like a lot of that anger was built up by other coaches and players and Hutson got all the frustration laid out on him. Didn’t love it either. Honestly what Hutson did wasn’t even terrible. It wasn’t as taunting as the commentators made it out to be. Stupid play. And he deserve a good telling, but not to be absolutely destroyed on TV.
Yeah- there's lots of ways to look at it for sure. I heard there was a one on one discussion. Don't know if it was at the half or after the game but hopefully lessons were learned by all.

Gilmore really jumped on it cause he is always looking for any angle to diss Oregon and unfortunately that played right into his hands.

Hopefully it's all water under the bridge now and they come out prepared and ready for Stanford.

nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Mario is always doing something stupid...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

I get the feeling he is like my dad. In your face when you mess up, but once its done its done no further reminders
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

The thing I don't like about Mario seemingly losing his composure so often is that it's a bad sign from your Leader for his body language and makes him look out of control.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

nogerO wrote: Mario is always doing something stupid...
Give me a break. :roll:
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Duck07 wrote:The thing I don't like about Mario seemingly losing his composure so often is that it's a bad sign from your Leader for his body language and makes him look out of control.
I like Mario’s action a whole lot more than “no emotions Helf”.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

lmduck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
lmduck wrote:

I also felt like a lot of that anger was built up by other coaches and players and Hutson got all the frustration laid out on him. Didn’t love it either. Honestly what Hutson did wasn’t even terrible. It wasn’t as taunting as the commentators made it out to be. Stupid play. And he deserve a good telling, but not to be absolutely destroyed on TV.
Yeah- there's lots of ways to look at it for sure. I heard there was a one on one discussion. Don't know if it was at the half or after the game but hopefully lessons were learned by all.

Gilmore really jumped on it cause he is always looking for any angle to diss Oregon and unfortunately that played right into his hands.

Hopefully it's all water under the bridge now and they come out prepared and ready for Stanford.

I always thought Gilmore hated the Ducks but I've never seen a 180 of hate like he pulled in that moment. A first he acted upset with the taunting and thought it was an obvious taunting call then he got mad at Cristobal for being upset. Cristobal is one of the best coaches Oregon's has had if Gordon Ramsay can yell at chefs then Cristobal can yell at a player.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

anyone have a list of the visitors that were there for the game?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

It didn’t look great from our perspective but there’s a whole relationship there with tons of investment that we don’t know anything about. The way Hutson responded tells me Mario knows who he can and can’t do that to, and there’s a relationship there that can handle a chewing out like that. Hutson took it like a man.

rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

He is not even close to Knight's behavior
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:It didn’t look great from our perspective but there’s a whole relationship there with tons of investment that we don’t know anything about. The way Hutson responded tells me Mario knows who he can and can’t do that to, and there’s a relationship there that can handle a chewing out like that. Hutson took it like a man.

Very astute observation

73duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 73duck »

I saw the Hutson deal a bit differently. MC attempted to give the normal level of correction to the kid as he came off the field, but Hutson just walked past him without stopping or acknowledging him. It was only then that MC blew up.