Four games

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Four games

Post by Quietduck »

I have watched four games and seen four different teams. I don't know if the ducks will win tonight but I'll tell you what I also don't know if our team has a clue as to who they are. I'm officially scared. I know we will get everyone's best game but I haven't seen our team play a complete game.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Re: Four games

Post by Tray Dub »

I've seen a team that ranges from a little better than average to genuinely good, though not maybe great. Feels like a pretty standard up year for Oregon – not on the level of the very best teams in the country, but a favorite to win the conference and plausibly capable of beating everyone but the very best.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

This is Oregon under Cristobal. We coast through games with inferior opponents and go nuts in the big games. Personally, I prefer a few games being closer than they should but rolling in our conference championship games and big OOC games over what we had in the Chip years. Beating bad teams 60-3 doesn’t mean anything when you get trounced in most of your big matchups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:This is Oregon under Cristobal. We coast through games with inferior opponents and go nuts in the big games. Personally, I prefer a few games being closer than they should but rolling in our conference championship games and big OOC games over what we had in the Chip years. Beating bad teams 60-3 doesn’t mean anything when you get trounced in most of your big matchups.

Very salient point.

duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:This is Oregon under Cristobal. We coast through games with inferior opponents and go nuts in the big games. Personally, I prefer a few games being closer than they should but rolling in our conference championship games and big OOC games over what we had in the Chip years. Beating bad teams 60-3 doesn’t mean anything when you get trounced in most of your big matchups.

I agree with everything you said. When ever I watch Alabama, Florida or LSU they don't trounce the bad teams the way Chip Kelly's Oregon teams did. It's more of a slow beating and that is what Cristobal does. I'm very happy with the way Oregon played against Stony Brook and Arizona because the margin of victory was actually wider than I expect out of Cristobal teams so Cristobal is improving on his teams consistency. Also you are right I'd take Oregon beating Portland St 28-17 if that means they beat the best team in SEC by the same score.