#3 Oregon @ Stanford (Oct. 2, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lmduck

Re: #3 Oregon @ Stanford (Oct. 2, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Post by lmduck »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
EncinitasDuck wrote:I haven't seen it discussed here, but I'm wondering how much of an impact it had not having Moorehead on the sidelines or even at the game due to some undisclosed illness. Begs the question, who was calling the plays on Saturday?
I’m sure it was significant but again, this issue has persisted through multiple QBs and OCs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But hasn't MC only had Arroyo and Moorehead as OCs and his only QBs have been Herbert, Shough and Brown? Am
I missing anyone? Arroyo obviously left for an HC job and then Moorehead came.

lmduck

Post by lmduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
EncinitasDuck wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:Yeah it was a designed pitch and AB thought he had a hole and didn't pitch it out.

I thought AB played very consistent the first few games and made the right read a very high % of the time. Against Stanford though he was just bad all around.
I think Cristobal would have gone bezerk if the play was a designed pitch and AB decided on his own to run straight into the line vs pitching to Verdell. I just don't think there's any way he decided on his own to not pitch on a designed pitch. Had to be an option and he made the wrong choice.

We'll likely never know for sure as I'm sure Cristobal won't directly answer a question to that effect.
Did you not see Cristobal’s comments at halftime? For him that’s pretty dang bezerk, he threw Brown under the bus.
Was at the game and did not hear his comments. What did he say at the half?

EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
EncinitasDuck wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:Yeah it was a designed pitch and AB thought he had a hole and didn't pitch it out.

I thought AB played very consistent the first few games and made the right read a very high % of the time. Against Stanford though he was just bad all around.
I think Cristobal would have gone bezerk if the play was a designed pitch and AB decided on his own to run straight into the line vs pitching to Verdell. I just don't think there's any way he decided on his own to not pitch on a designed pitch. Had to be an option and he made the wrong choice.

We'll likely never know for sure as I'm sure Cristobal won't directly answer a question to that effect.
Did you not see Cristobal’s comments at halftime? For him that’s pretty dang bezerk, he threw Brown under the bus.
Didn't see them. :roll:
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

https://mobile.twitter.com/jamescrepea/ ... 22016?s=21

Here is Cristobal’s comments at halftime right after the failed 4th down play by Brown. For those that were also at the game, you probably couldn’t tell but then Brown started running it himself up the middle CJ immediately starting jumping with his hands up in pure frustration. That was an absolutely horrible and costly play by Brown.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/jamescrepea/ ... 22016?s=21

Here is Cristobal’s comments at halftime right after the failed 4th down play by Brown. For those that were also at the game, you probably couldn’t tell but then Brown started running it himself up the middle CJ immediately starting jumping with his hands up in pure frustration. That was an absolutely horrible and costly play by Brown.
Clearly AB blew it and Mario should be irritated. Not the only thing but certainly a major factor in the loss

GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Pac-12 continues to have zero accountability for awful officiating. Expected at least a statement after that debacle, but then I remember it's the Pac-12 and realize those were dumb expectations.

Stanford's whole fucking strategy is to create a ton of contact and hope the refs call it on the defense. For whatever reason, they tend to give Furd the benefit of the doubt way more against Oregon over the years.

As far as other debates go:
-We have a limited QB in terms of deep passing, who still gives us the best chance to win this year
-We could probably win with him if not for a metric fuckton of injuries(these years happen one in 5 or so it feels like at Oregon). Hell, even our OC is out.
-We're still a pretty young team

2nd half of this season the debate is whether to turn the keys over to Thompson, knowing that probably means a loss or 2 more, or to try and hold on with Brown and the older guys. I was OK with Brown before all the injuries, but at this point, I think it's time to turn over the keys and hope for the best.