8%
Dennis Dixon
6%

Total votes: 62
UofDuck
Senior

Re: Oregon’s most overrated QB in modern times

Post by UofDuck »

Underrated might be a better discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Darron Thomas.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

5$ wrote:Jason Fife??? HELLO?!
Ya but nobody overrates him. lol.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

pezsez1 wrote:
Darron Thomas.
I think he was pretty overrated, much of his success was because of Chips new system and players around him. Overrated or underrated it’s all opinion. I wonder if some guys who voted even know who these QB’s were? Clemen’s, Tony G.?
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

I think people are interpreting "overrated" in multiple different ways.

When I think of overrated, I think of the current perception of the QB in questions versus how he actually played.

Some think of overrated as how highly touted they were coming out of HS, or in their FR/SO years at Oregon.

Different standards; different results.

Either way. Masoit was overrated and DD10 was not.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:I think people are interpreting "overrated" in multiple different ways.

When I think of overrated, I think of the current perception of the QB in questions versus how he actually played.

Some think of overrated as how highly touted they were coming out of HS, or in their FR/SO years at Oregon.

I get exactly why some feel Dixon was overrated and its because of 1 year of Chip Kelly and what he was able to bring out vs everything he had done to that point. Of course, had Bellotti not messed with his RS for a few stupid snaps in Norman during a blowout, he would have had another year under Chip. He was an Elite 11 QB who tried a go of it with baseball because he wasn't sure he was fully bought in to playing. That also happens to be like the craziest CFB season in this millennium too.

Frankly the correct answer to this is Johnny DuRocher. 3/4 Star recruit who was a Top 20 QB and Top 250 prospect.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

dd10snoop28 wrote:I think people are interpreting "overrated" in multiple different ways.

I agree, my interpretation of overrated is no doubt different than others, most will have different interpretations. I hear others saying how good a certain QB was and I don’t see it I see glaring holes in their game. I also look at the team standard at the time, Danny O’Neil played on teams which had fans excited with 7 or 8 wins season, but he helped move the Duck forward, maybe not as will as a Harrington but he wasn’t really overrated in my view. Masoli and Adams were……. I should have added Prukop to the poll, he was hyped coming out of Montana, he flopped.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Alan wrote:

I agree, my interpretation of overrated is no doubt different than others, most will have different interpretations. I hear others saying how good a certain QB was and I don’t see it I see glaring holes in their game. I also look at the team standard at the time, Danny O’Neil played on teams which had fans excited with 7 or 8 wins season, but he helped move the Duck forward, maybe not as will as a Harrington but he wasn’t really overrated in my view. Masoli and Adams were……. I should have added Prukop to the poll, he was hyped coming out of Montana, he flopped.
Nobody seriously hyped Prukop and he was an unranked HS recruit. A few people "hoped" that he could be 75% of Vernon Adams.
https://247sports.com/Player/Dakota-Pru ... ol-163331/
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Duck07 wrote:
Alan wrote:

Nobody seriously hyped Prukop and he was an unranked HS recruit. A few people "hoped" that he could be 75% of Vernon Adams.
https://247sports.com/Player/Dakota-Pru ... ol-163331/
He was one of the top if not the top QB’s in their conference, he had good size, mobility and a good arm at Montana. My thoughts were that he was hyped, some because of the questions left at QB at Oregon, but there certainly was much discussion about him coming in both with fans and media.
spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit

Post by spacefrog13x »

Harrington's ability as a pianist is probably the most overrated thing in Oregon QB history.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
WTF are you talking about? Jason Fife was extremely hyped up before the season he played. Huge let down after Harrington.
73duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 73duck »

Doug Musgrave, Brett Salisbury, and Bob Brothers.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
This is from Jason Fife's entry in Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Fife:
Fife played college football at the University of Oregon, backing up Joey Harrington until Harrington left for the 2002 NFL Draft and Fife became the starter. In 2002 Fife was ranked the #2 QB in the nation.
What else would you call that if it's not "overrated"?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Fife shoulda gone to the Lions... He could have had a great time keeping the bench warm for Joey.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

woundedknees wrote:Fife shoulda gone to the Lions... He could have had a great time keeping the bench warm for Joey.

With Joey