8%
Dennis Dixon
6%

Total votes: 62
Duck07
All-American

Re: Oregon’s most overrated QB in modern times

Post by Duck07 »

You conveniently ignored everything I said in my post and the SI article doesn't refute any of it.

Fife, a 0-star recruit outplayed his rating by far and even ended up in the NFL. Where does overrated come into play for him ever? BTW, he split time with the guy who was a highly rated QB recruit in Kellen Clemens.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Duck07 wrote:You conveniently ignored everything I said in my post and the SI article doesn't refute any of it.

Fife, a 0-star recruit outplayed his rating by far and even ended up in the NFL. Where does overrated come into play for him ever? BTW, he split time with the guy who was a highly rated QB recruit in Kellen Clemens.
While I respect most of what you say, I have been here long enough and have had enough interaction with you to know there are times you are more about confrontation then conversation……. Let’s leave it at you are correct.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Alan wrote:
Duck07 wrote:You conveniently ignored everything I said in my post and the SI article doesn't refute any of it.

While I respect most of what you say, I have been here long enough and have had enough interaction with you to know there are times you are more about confrontation then conversation……. Let’s leave it at you are correct.
Sure, but understand that its also basic decorum in a conversation to actually state what your reasoning is for your position so that the other can respond; don't think its too much to ask for but apparently it is.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

It’s called an opinion, I didn’t say I voted for Adams but I did say he shouldn’t have only one vote, lower than any other QB on the poll. I won’t justify my opinion to anyone, it is good enough I feel the way I do…… Adams played how many years ago….
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Alan wrote:It’s called an opinion, I didn’t say I voted for Adams but I did say he shouldn’t have only one vote, lower than any other QB on the poll. I won’t justify my opinion to anyone, it is good enough I feel the way I do…… Adams played how many years ago….
Man, starting a thread and then getting butt-hurt when someone asks why you feel a certain way on the subject. Okaaaaay.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Duck07 wrote:
Alan wrote:It’s called an opinion, I didn’t say I voted for Adams but I did say he shouldn’t have only one vote, lower than any other QB on the poll. I won’t justify my opinion to anyone, it is good enough I feel the way I do…… Adams played how many years ago….
Man, starting a thread and then getting butt-hurt when someone asks why you feel a certain way on the subject. Okaaaaay.
Not butt hurt at all, just going to play your game. Enough said
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Alan wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
Not butt hurt at all, just going to play your game. Enough said
On a serious note Alan, I was trying to have an actual conversation with you, in a thread you created that is controversial in nature, and to express your rationale for said reasoning. If you think that's called playing a game with you then I'm not sure what else to say.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Can I change my vote to Anthony Brown?
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Can I change my vote to Anthony Brown?
Could agree more, sit AB and play our future, couldn’t be any worse from what I have seen of both QB’s. Cristabol is too loyal as we learned with Slough.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Is this thread about overrated QB?

Jonson elite 11
Jake Rodrigues Supposed to be the next guy after Marcus.
Tyler Shough

Or rated exactly as they were
Fife middle of the road. If anyone overrated him, it was only Oregon students apparently. Because most people wanted to see KC at qb.

Brown, a game manager and everyone knew that.

Anyone else named Leaf, Lockie, Bennett, whatever all 3* guys we hoped maybe could be good but never overrated them.

There is a huge difference between overrated, and a underrated Qb having one good game. Some fans thinking a guy looked great in a spring game, doesn’t make him overrated. Just shows anyone can have 1 great day, or our D is about to such for the year.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Is this thread about overrated QB?

Jonson elite 11
Jake Rodrigues Supposed to be the next guy after Marcus.
Tyler Shough

Or rated exactly as they were
Fife middle of the road. If anyone overrated him, it was only Oregon students apparently. Because most people wanted to see KC at qb.

Brown, a game manager and everyone knew that.

Anyone else named Leaf, Lockie, Bennett, whatever all 3* guys we hoped maybe could be good but never overrated them.

There is a huge difference between overrated, and a underrated Qb having one good game. Some fans thinking a guy looked great in a spring game, doesn’t make him overrated. Just shows anyone can have 1 great day, or our D is about to such for the year.
It's funny that you mentioned Jonson. I was worried for Ty Thompson because the last guy that was hyped up to his level was Jonson but then in the Stony Brook game I was like, "YES, the guy is actually on the field and is playing to his hype!!!!"
Last edited by duck023 on Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.