Eugene's weather

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duck023
Four Star Recruit

Eugene's weather

Post by duck023 »

It's really not that much different from Ventura's weather which is known as one of the best places in California. I think it is a little better in recruiting then people like to make it out to be.
Alan
Senior

Re: Eugene's weather

Post by Alan »

Well you know….”it never rains in Autzen Stadium!”
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Wow.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

duck023 wrote:It's really not that much different from Ventura's weather which is known as one of the best places in California. I think it is a little better in recruiting then people like to make it out to be.
Don't know what you're smoking buddy. :)

https://www.bestplaces.net/compare-citi ... or/climate
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

nogerO wrote:
duck023 wrote:It's really not that much different from Ventura's weather which is known as one of the best places in California. I think it is a little better in recruiting then people like to make it out to be.

Eugene might rain more than I thought but everything else is pretty much the same and I am comparing it to one of the nicest places on the planet. Oregon doesn't recruit against Ventura College though they recruit against LA which is extremely hot the majority of the year. I remember when I graduated a lot of my friends either went to Huntington Beach or Santa Barbara and Ventura. The cooler weather of Santa Barbara was much more enjoyable.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

duck023 wrote:
nogerO wrote:

Eugene might rain more than I thought but everything else is pretty much the same and I am comparing it to one of the nicest places on the planet. Oregon doesn't recruit against Ventura College though they recruit against LA which is extremely hot the majority of the year. I remember when I graduated a lot of my friends either went to Huntington Beach or Santa Barbara and Ventura. The cooler weather of Santa Barbara was much more enjoyable.
this is all subjective, you couldn't trade me a home in Ventura for where I live and weather doesn't mean squat in the grand scheme of recruiting.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

duck023 wrote:
nogerO wrote:

Uh, no. Read the link
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

nogerO wrote:
duck023 wrote:
nogerO wrote:

Uh, no. Read the link
I did, the highs and lows are very similar. What I'm saying is most college kids would prefer Ventura's weather which is basically perfect compared to LA's extremely hot weather. Eugene might be a little colder than Ventura but it's not like Greenbay or anything. Many are going prefer weather that is slightly colder than Ventura over weather way hotter than Ventura.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

I live in the Nashville area and we get pretty close to the same rainfall as Eugene. Of course it’s over fewer days. And we get the humidity. Would gladly trade the weather here for there. Anyone who likes the sunmers here works inside.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

I don't think the weather is as big of a deal as some make it out to be. There are many football schools that are in cold winter, hot summers or both and they do well pretty consistently. Places like Columbus, OH, State College, PA, Ann Arbor, MI, Norman, OK, Clemson, SC, Notre Dame, etc.

I think the things that have been the biggest recruiting challenge for Oregon are the recruiting staff themselves, the size of Eugene compared to some other metro areas and because of the lack of easy access to air travel in the past.

The Ducks have helped themselves immensely by establishing success outside of the Chip Kelly era, as well, which should help to maintain successful recruiting as long as the Ducks keep winning.
John 3:36
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

SuperDuck wrote:I don't think the weather is as big of a deal as some make it out to be. There are many football schools that are in cold winter, hot summers or both and they do well pretty consistently. Places like Columbus, OH, State College, PA, Ann Arbor, MI, Norman, OK, Clemson, SC, Notre Dame, etc.

I think the things that have been the biggest recruiting challenge for Oregon are the recruiting staff themselves, the size of Eugene compared to some other metro areas and because of the lack of easy access to air travel in the past.

The Ducks have helped themselves immensely by establishing success outside of the Chip Kelly era, as well, which should help to maintain successful recruiting as long as the Ducks keep winning.
That is a good point.