Only once

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Only once

Post by Quietduck »

Ok I've been a Duck fan since 1972 and I have never said what I'm about to say. I have made fun of those who do. Yes, the pass was stupid, but this game was not as much lost by Oregon as given to Stanford by the officials. Standford fan's you team took what was given and won. I watched and rewatched the final drive and I have never seen so many missed calls and bad calls. On both plays at the beginning of Stanford's drive, there was blatant holding. On Tib's targeting would have never been ruled if the QB had not been injured as he lower his hands and tried to pull up. Had he not been blocked into the QB there wouldn't be an impact. The whole series long the receivers were pushing off never more than in the endzone on the last play of the game. If you are going to call roughing the passer doesn't someone have to get roughed? Time after time, play after play the officials were the 12th man on Stanford's team.

Go ahead and make fun of me as I have of others but I just had to say something.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Re: Only once

Post by duck023 »

You might have made fun of me because I've said this before about Pac 12 refs. SEC refs protect the favorite while Pac 12 refs sabotage the favorite. I won't make fun of you because I agree with everything you say!!!!
OrTDuck
Two Star Recruit

Post by OrTDuck »

All the years of Pac-12 schools bitching about hardly ever making the playoff.

In P5 football, you don't hose your top 5 ranked school.

Teams in the SEC know to expect no favors or bail outs against the likes of Alabama or tOSU. You give that measure to your top teams, and if you don't, you deserve to be the fools the national media generally say you are.

The Ducks may or may not have eventually dropped one. This one should not have been it. To get that first loss, their opponent should have been required to beat Oregon straight up. The few Stanford fans who have shown up with the usual, "there were bad calls both ways" thing. No, up until 2:00 left, there were bad calls both ways, then Stanford was given about 5 straight calls/no calls... that actually decided the outcome.

Just really poor by this conference. Alabama, tOSU, don't have a game locked up and have 4-5 major calls in a row go all go against them in the last 2 minutes. They even called two "protect the player" type calls for Stanford, then took one off the board for the Ducks in OT, that changed the game even at that point. Oregon was in ok shape if they don't start to get behind down and distance and are 1st and goal.

Not only are the calls bad, it's throwing away millions for the conference. Which is why in "real" football conferences this doesn't happen to their top teams.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I don't know if this is the worst officiated game I've seen but it was bad.

Still doesn't change the fact we left multiple plays on the field to where that final drive wouldn't have mattered.
JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Post by JIDuck97 »

OrTDuck wrote:All the years of Pac-12 schools bitching about hardly ever making the playoff.

In P5 football, you don't hose your top 5 ranked school.

Teams in the SEC know to expect no favors or bail outs against the likes of Alabama or tOSU. You give that measure to your top teams, and if you don't, you deserve to be the fools the national media generally say you are.

The Ducks may or may not have eventually dropped one. This one should not have been it. To get that first loss, their opponent should have been required to beat Oregon straight up. The few Stanford fans who have shown up with the usual, "there were bad calls both ways" thing. No, up until 2:00 left, there were bad calls both ways, then Stanford was given about 5 straight calls/no calls... that actually decided the outcome.

Just really poor by this conference. Alabama, tOSU, don't have a game locked up and have 4-5 major calls in a row go all go against them in the last 2 minutes. They even called two "protect the player" type calls for Stanford, then took one off the board for the Ducks in OT, that changed the game even at that point. Oregon was in ok shape if they don't start to get behind down and distance and are 1st and goal.

Not only are the calls bad, it's throwing away millions for the conference. Which is why in "real" football conferences this doesn't happen to their top teams.
This is the take to take on this. Woulda shloulda coulda Ducks bits don't do this justice. This was nothing but a straight up fix that went against every grain of how this game had been reffed up to that point.

No point in saying otherwise or diluting what it was.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

No duck fan will say Oregon played a good game, despite the refs Oregon should have won, but I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen an officiating crew blatantly decide who would win the game. They made it very clear they wanted Stanford to win, anyone that isn’t a Stanford fan could see how bad that was, I watched the game with my Beaver fan Duck hating brother-in-law and he was shocked and said especially that 4th down penalty was proof the refs had a clear desire to see Stanford win. Refs should never impact again, and they should especially never do it in a fashion that makes it clear they want a certain outcome and they did that today. Everything they did wasn’t a coincidence; all those horrible calls favored Stanford making it clear they wanted Stanford to win. Why? I don’t know, but this certainly demands an investigation. The only time I can think of it being outright obvious the refs wanted a team to win was in the 2003 WCF between the Lakers and Kings. Again, not saying Oregon should’ve won despite the refs, but those last two minutes and OT made me really wonder if the refs had money on Stanford or something. It felt weird and it felt corrupt.