Pac 12 refs exposed

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duck023
Four Star Recruit

Pac 12 refs exposed

Post by duck023 »

I've always felt there was something fishy with Pac 12 refs but not a lot of people agreed with me. However I went on Pac 12 twitter right now and they are being destroyed right now because of those refs. Even Utah fans have come to Oregon's defense. I'm glad people are understanding the Pac 12 a little more. The Pac 12 isn't a bad football conference but when the best teams are being sabotaged for the sake of whatever those refs agendas are you aren't going to have very many teams in the playoffs. Not to mention the 9 conference games.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Pac 12 refs exposed

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Would you mind sharing at least some of the posts/threads? I don’t have Twitter so when I try to open the threads I get a screen asking me to create an account.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

I'm not very tech savy but this guy David Foley said, "I’m a Utah fan and even I was like WTF? Horrific officiating. That game had zero business going into OT." Then there is someone who posted a gif of the Pac 12 burning money. It also says "Pac 12 officials be like ....nah we don't want a team in the playoffs."
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Gotcha, it makes sense, it was so blatantly obviously to anyone that isn’t a Stanford fan that those refs wanted Stanford to win. As others have pointed out, refs in other conferences don’t sabotage their conferences like that, but that’s mostly cause they know they won’t get away with it, for years PAC-12 refs are used to having the lazy and incompetent Larry Scott who would allow refs to get away with determining the outcome of a game. They seem to think fans would rather tune into the see them rather than the projected #1 pick. Our new commissioner needs to fire this crew and make a harsh example out of them, because a statement needs to be made that in the PAC-12, it’s no longer acceptable for refs to influence the outcome of a game just cause they feel like it. The PAC-12 is the laughingstock of college football and the biggest reason why are the officials.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

The below image is from that 3rd down touchdown Stanford scored in OT, if anyone wonders why the secondary for Oregon stopped when there was a blatant false start by 3 Olineman for Stanford.

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

About the only thing the P12 can do is release a statement today where they do a NBA style "Last minute" report on the officials and acknowledge the BS calls and move on.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

Duck07 wrote:About the only thing the P12 can do is release a statement today where they do a NBA style "Last minute" report on the officials and acknowledge the BS calls and move on.
I doubt the publicly acknowledge it. I just hope the new commission sees the writing on the wall in the offseason and does some house cleaning with the refs and I think Oregon fans need to put some pressure on him. I'm also a Rams fan and the Saints whined about a missed pass inference in the NFC championship so much that they actually got the rules changed. The Duck fans could be a little more like that.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:The below image is from that 3rd down touchdown Stanford scored in OT, if anyone wonders why the secondary for Oregon stopped when there was a blatant false start by 3 Olineman for Stanford.

jeeze it might actually be worse than I thought!!!!
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

OregonFan4Life wrote:https://twitter.com/AndrewLaws13/status ... 94083?s=20

Here is a video of it
Explain to me what you see. I’ve watched this at least 10 times and I’m not seeing anyone move pre-snap. It almost looks like it’s the opposite. Center snaps the ball and the rest of the OL stay put. Maybe I’m missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

whosyourwally wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:https://twitter.com/AndrewLaws13/status ... 94083?s=20

Here is a video of it
Explain to me what you see. I’ve watched this at least 10 times and I’m not seeing anyone move pre-snap. It almost looks like it’s the opposite. Center snaps the ball and the rest of the OL stay put. Maybe I’m missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is a debate on if it’s a false start or not and when I watch it I can see both the left and right guards jump right before the snap, but I think the bigger issue is why the heck is the ref walking around with a flag out like that? That’s very confusing and makes no sense. Even Stanford’s OLine was confused and was getting ready to March back 5 yards. I understand play through the whistle so not trying to make excuses for how undisciplined Oregon was but this was a clear officiating mistake.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I actually think the Center snapped the ball on the wrong cadence.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I actually think the Center snapped the ball on the wrong cadence.
I think Geoff Schwartz or another former Oregon player said something similar.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Listening to the Dan Patrick show, the national media narrative is Oregon blew it. A duck fan called in and DP said “what the hell were you guys doing?” Basically saying he was hoping Oregon would wake up and realize they were playing for a trip to the CFP but it’s like they forgot what was at stake and didn’t care. I get it, and DP is right, but it is slightly frustrating the national media isn’t at least mentioning the controversial officiating cause as a college football fan outside of a duck fan, to me officiating like that isn’t acceptable. But again, in the end, it makes sense that in DP’s unbiased view, Ducks we’re a way better team, and it was frustrating for him to see the #3 ranked Oregon team play so ridiculously uninspired.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Dan P is right. They did play uninspired and it's time to wake up. If what happened Saturday is not a wake up call then there are serious issues within the program, injuries aside.

Cal is by all accounts not that good. Will the DUCKS come out uninspired against them too? If so then Mario bears the the blame for that. I am a fan of MC and truly want him to succeed. I was at Stanford on Saturday and I can tell you there was palpable frustration from the fans sitting in the Oregon section. Not saying they were calling for a firing but seeing some of the same stuff we have seen over and over is not good.