Pac 12 refs exposed

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duck023
Four Star Recruit

Re: Pac 12 refs exposed

Post by duck023 »

duckfan96 wrote:I remember when helfrich was coach and people bitched about how emotionless he seemed. Now a coach holds a kid accountable , for something very stupid which could have cost Oregon that game, and people complain. The kid owned what he did, got the message along with the rest of the team and moved on.

Pac 12 officials suck btw
Don't put all of us Duck fans under that umbrella. Duck07 has a problem with Cristobal I have no problem with what he did. However to get us back on topic I do think Cristobal was more upset in that situation because he knew the Pac 12 refs would screw the Ducks over at any chance and that kid allowed it. It wasn't so much that the kid did something that bad but if you want to win a championship with Pac 12 refs you can't give them any chance to call you on anything. Cristobal's was right because the next week Oregon lost because of cheap roughing the passer call.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

Duck07 wrote:
UofDuck wrote:Effective or not is debatable, but notorious meltdowns seem to be working for Saban.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah, if I had to guess why Alabama football has been so dominant I'd go with its because Saban has meltdowns every so often.

Not of course that his team is usually stacked talent wise against his opponents and he's one of the better Defensive coaches in the country.
The burden of proof is on you to show that yelling at a player hurts the team if you are going to take Gilmore's side on this debate. It is not on us to show that Alabama's success only comes from yelling at players. The thing is Cristobal also recruits well. So yeah I'd say harsh coaching and great recruiting leads to success. Also, lets not pretend Cristobal is as harsh as Saban.

Also I think Cristobal lost his composure because of the refs not the kid. Cristobal knew what was around the corner if they penalize a kid for flipping the ball they might penalize them for a small helmet to helmet penalty at the end of the game. I feel like as Pac 12 fans we should be able to understand his frustration of having to make sure his players don't make the slightest mistake in front of refs that hate them. Cristobal was right a dumb penalty might have cost Oregon the season.
Last edited by duck023 on Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

The media continues to go nuts over officiating in the NFL yet are completely silent about PAC-12 officiating, but I understand why. They know the NFL is willing to make changes to how officials call games to make the game better, who here expects PAC-12 officials to ever be held accountable for what they do? At this point it’s quite obvious George Kliavkoff is just Larry Scott 2.0 and everyone but PAC-12 schools/fans knew it, which is why the officiating from the Stanford-Oregon game is getting 0 attention.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:The media continues to go nuts over officiating in the NFL yet are completely silent about PAC-12 officiating, but I understand why. They know the NFL is willing to make changes to how officials call games to make the game better, who here expects PAC-12 officials to ever be held accountable for what they do? At this point it’s quite obvious George Kliavkoff is just Larry Scott 2.0 and everyone but PAC-12 schools/fans knew it, which is why the officiating from the Stanford-Oregon game is getting 0 attention.
OF4L- you appear to be making the assumption nothing is going on. Unless you are in the office of Kliavkoff or sitting on all his calls you can't assume nothing happened. We don't know.

We are all angry because we feel it cost the DUCKS the game. It did in some ways and did not in others. We've debated ad nauseum the play calling and clock management.

If you saw Mario's presser yesterday he was pretty down and it clear that what happened last week took a pretty heavy toll on him. Crepea specifically asked him about the officiaitng and if you saw his response, he was silent for 5-6 seconds and then in a very measured tone and manner made the comment that 'everyone saw what took place' (granted I am paraphrasing here) but the point is he has to be very careful in what he says. Coaches can be fined and reprimanded by the conference and I am sure right now Mario wants to avoid that.

He (MC) is clearly under the microscope right now with a segement of the fan base and he does not want to belabor that game or the officiating for multiple reasons, primarily he can't let Stanford beat him twice as the old saying goes. He has to move on so the team can move on.

Just my opinion but if I were a betting person ,I would guess someone in executive managment in the AD might have dialed up George on Monday.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I’m sure someone dialed up George, and I hope I’m wrong, but he needed to at the very least make some sort of statement explaining that the refs made multiple errant calls that determined the outcome of the game. I’m not saying this just as a duck fan but also as a college football fan and PAC-12 fan. We’re already past the point where people remember the game, many more things in the sports world have happened. When George was first announced as the new commissioner he said he understands that football is the biggest revenue source for the conference and he needs to protect that sport, well by letting this drag on and not immediately addressing the poor officiating I don’t believe he’s protecting the sport. I would say the same needed to be done if it happened in a different game, especially if it caused the class of the conference to lose to a mediocre team. This isn’t about Oregon losing to me, it’s about the PAC-12 and George Kliavkoff working to repair the major damages that have been done by years of incompetent and lazy leadership. This conference needs to do whatever it can to gain at least a little bit of respect.
Last edited by OregonFan4Life on Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I’m sure someone dialed up George, and I hope I’m wrong, but he needed to at the very least make some sort of statement explaining that the refs made multiple errant calls that determined the outcome of the game. I’m not saying this just as a duck fan but also as a college football fan and PAC-12 fan. We’re already past the point where people remember the game, many more things in the sports world have happened. When George was first announced as the new commissioner he said he understands that football is the biggest revenue source for the conference and he needs to protect that sport, well by letting this drag on and not immediately addressing the poor officiating I don’t believe he’s protecting the sport. I would say the same needed to be done if it happened in a different game, especially if it caused the class of the conference to lose to a mediocre team. This isn’t about Oregon losing to me, it’s about the PAC-12 and George Kliavkoff working to repaid the major damages that have been done by years of incompetent and lazy leadership. This conference needs to do whatever it can to gain at least a little bit of respect.
I don't disagree with you. My point is we don't know. We can debate this a thousand ways to Sunday but very little we can do. I am sure there are very few on this board who disagree that P12 officiating is abominable in most cases. The best guy they had, Land Clark is now in the NFL and rightly so, he was good. Last Sturday was a disgrace for sure and I hope they get it fixed but nothing will change the outcome.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

lmduck wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:I’m sure someone dialed up George, and I hope I’m wrong, but he needed to at the very least make some sort of statement explaining that the refs made multiple errant calls that determined the outcome of the game. I’m not saying this just as a duck fan but also as a college football fan and PAC-12 fan. We’re already past the point where people remember the game, many more things in the sports world have happened. When George was first announced as the new commissioner he said he understands that football is the biggest revenue source for the conference and he needs to protect that sport, well by letting this drag on and not immediately addressing the poor officiating I don’t believe he’s protecting the sport. I would say the same needed to be done if it happened in a different game, especially if it caused the class of the conference to lose to a mediocre team. This isn’t about Oregon losing to me, it’s about the PAC-12 and George Kliavkoff working to repaid the major damages that have been done by years of incompetent and lazy leadership. This conference needs to do whatever it can to gain at least a little bit of respect.
I don't disagree with you. My point is we don't know. We can debate this a thousand ways to Sunday but very little we can do. I am sure there are very few on this board who disagree that P12 officiating is abominable in most cases. The best guy they had, Land Clark is now in the NFL and rightly so, he was good. Last Sturday was a disgrace for sure and I hope they get it fixed but nothing will change the outcome.
It’s not about changing the outcome of the game last Saturday but changing the outcome for future games to ensure officials don’t influence it. I hear you, just really hope Kliavkoff is the guy he says he is but I have my doubts that he’s any better than Larry Scott.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

I noticed the Big 12 refs didn't sabotage Oklahoma when they could have lost to Texas. Oregon might think about joining the Big 12. With Oklahoma and Texas gone Oregon would win that conference pretty easily.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
lmduck wrote:
It’s not about changing the outcome of the game last Saturday but changing the outcome for future games to ensure officials don’t influence it. I hear you, just really hope Kliavkoff is the guy he says he is but I have my doubts that he’s any better than Larry Scott.
Some people don't get it. This isn't the first time this has happened. Look at the history of the Pac 12 and how it takes a truly special team from the Pac 12 to make a championship while average big 12 and ACC teams make it to the championship all the time. It's getting to the point that if that Pac 12 doesn't change there might not be a Pac 12 anymore.