David Shaw is a classless POS

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

David Shaw is a classless POS

Post by OregonFan4Life »

This deserves a thread of its own. That audacity of that overrated loser, Stanford may have surpassed Washington for my most hated team in the country because of their love from PAC-12 refs and Shaw.

https://footballscoop.com/news/stanford ... fficiating
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Re: David Shaw is a classless POS

Post by QuackininBama »

“Rewind to my comments a few minutes ago; I'm saying just enough not to get fined or get in trouble, right?,” Shaw said. “The defense is shouting signals while the quarterback is in his cadence, that's what we need to talk about.
He must be joking right? He's upset we were making defensive calls during the play? He can't be serious.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I get that the Defense shouldn't be allowed to mimic the snap count calls but if we're talking about our constant use of line shifts and the defense calling out assignments then he sounds like Nick Saban wining about the hurry up and player safety.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Duck07 wrote:I get that the Defense shouldn't be allowed to mimic the snap count calls but if we're talking about our constant use of line shifts and the defense calling out assignments then he sounds like Nick Saban wining about the hurry up and player safety.
It’s already bad enough to complain about what Shaw complained about, but literally right after the refs blatantly gifted his team a win with arguably the worst and most controversial officiating we’ve seen in years is unbelievably pathetic and sad. As long as Shaw is the coach Stanford is my most hated team in the nation, I hope that loser never wins another game.
bdkipe
Two Star Recruit

Post by bdkipe »

Amen! I had posted something about this on Twitter. I believe Shaw is an excellent coach. Look at what he’s done with the small pool of athletes he has to choose from based on their academic standards. This comment was completely “not reading the room”. One, our D completely stymied them in the 2nd half. DeRuyter saw some things, made adjustments & ‘Furd could do nothing, false starts or not. Only after the 4 penalties & the “pulled but forgot the throw” flag did they have any success moving the ball. Two, Oregon had stupid, mind-numbing false starts too…in fact, one on DWill that was just as key as the missed screen because it put us in that 2nd and long position. Three, Oregon LOST the game. Stanford didn’t “battle/overcome adversity”. Stanford was merely present in the stadium while we put ourselves in a position to have human error cost us the game. A better response would have been the Mario-like “cannot apologize for winning, we got very, very fortunate and now we need to get back to work.” To blame officials whose errors literally gave you your only positive yards of the 2nd half is a bad look for a coach who wins that way. Shaw is not stupid, but he’s incredibly smug and condescending…I think this was a calculated troll job at our staff because things got chippy between the two staffs in the 2nd half. Shaw should know and do better, but then again, he won and as The Weasel taught us “scoreboard baby”.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

A "member of the rules committee" bitching about the rules... That's rich!

"Speaking as the head coach at Stanford but also as the guy who leads the Rules Committee for the NCAA."
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

The title of this thread is a surprise to no one. Seems , by his thinking, that the D can’t call assignments or their own plays?
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

The Pac 12 obviously doesn't want to make the playoffs however the Pac 12 obviously doesn't like when Oregon is on top so I just want Oregon to keep winning Pac 12 titles until the conference realignment.