GM: Boston Celtics GM

CJ out for the year

Post by UOducksTK1 »

bummer

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
lmduck

CJ out for the year

Post by lmduck »

Honestly not surprised . From what I saw at Stanford, he looked to be in significant pain when they carried him off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: CJ out for the year

Post by StevensTechU »

Really wonder if he'll go pro or come back for another year. Not a high-round selection, so I don't know if any club wants to pay for him to rehab to have his rights when he's back on the field. At the same time, another injury while in college would make him Cam McCormick #2.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

StevensTechU wrote:Really wonder if he'll go pro or come back for another year. Not a high-round selection, so I don't know if any club wants to pay for him to rehab to have his rights when he's back on the field. At the same time, another injury while in college would make him Cam McCormick #2.
Tough decision for sure. I really feel for him. Like I said, it did not look good when it happened.

Hope for the best for him.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Call me a Debbie downer but it’s more than obvious this year wasn’t meant to be, I hope MC starts to play for the future more and get young guys some more playing time (Thornton and McGee mainly) and starts Ty. I still want and hope for a good season, but what can you do with this many freakish injuries? Mario needs to use tOSU win when hitting the recruiting trail and get the young guys good experience without throwing away this season to get ready to beat Georgia next year and go undefeated and compete for a national championship.

Sucks to see CJ hurt but I sure hope he comes back now!
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Officially our worst injury year since 2007. Hang in there Duck fans! Don't be too hard on this team.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

This really sucks -- he was having a decent year -- but it isn't surprising. I can't remember a more injury-prone RB since Thomas Tyner. Some people's bodies just aren't cut out for such a brutal sport.

I was rooting for Verdell to return to the form we saw at the end of 2019, and we definitely saw flashes of that this year.

That said, we have a stable of young, talented RBs and it's time for one of them to step up. I always think about the start of that 2009 season when Kenjon Barner and LaMichael James were thrust into the spotlight after LaGarette Blount got suspended. The next great Oregon RB doesn't need to be an upperclassman -- just needs to be someone who's talented and hungry with an opportunity.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I’ve heard Bennett Williams is also out for the season, is this true?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I’ve heard Bennett Williams is also out for the season, is this true?
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I’ve heard Bennett Williams is also out for the season, is this true?
Yeah, broken leg.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Sucks just as much for Williams, he was having a breakout year. Didn’t he break his leg slipping and falling during walkthrough? I don’t know which season felt more cursed, 07 or this year. Someday Oregon has to have good luck right?
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Sucks just as much for Williams, he was having a breakout year. Didn’t he break his leg slipping and falling during walkthrough? I don’t know which season felt more cursed, 07 or this year. Someday Oregon has to have good luck right?
Yea, broke his leg during "Fast Friday," which is a non-padded run-through.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

Is Dollars out for the year as well? Or should we expect Dye, Cardwell, Benson, and McGee as the RB options for the remainder of the season?
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

DmoneyDuck wrote:Is Dollars out for the year as well? Or should we expect Dye, Cardwell, Benson, and McGee as the RB options for the remainder of the season?
Cristobal said he may be back in mid November.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Of course every guy you don’t want to get hurt, does. Not that I want anyone hurt, but losing guys that help us win while guys who hold us back continued to play big minutes.