5%
Yes
7%

Total votes: 75
Alan
Senior

Is Cristobal’s seat warm?

Post by Alan »

Do you truly believe at this moment Mario’s seat is even slightly warm? Some have said some of the fan base are not happy…
GrantDuck
Senior

Re: Is Cristabol’s seat warm?

Post by GrantDuck »

lol, no.

There's a lot of reasons, but they don't need to be spelled out more than lol, no.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Ice cold.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

This is honestly a tough one.

I was at Stanford and I will say there were some people sitting around me who were very upset at the end of the game and were making some disparaging comments about Mario. I get that in the heat of the moment fans do that sort of thing so I basically dismissed it. That being said when you read other message boards there is definetly a segment of the fan base that is starting to say things like " He can really recruit, but I am not sure he is the best game day coach". That's why you typically go and get good assistants and I think we all pretty much agree he has pretty good assistants. The question remains though, does Mario meddle too much. I don't know the answer to that and guessing most of us here don't since we aren't in the HDC on a daily basis.

Lots of grist for the mill here.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

His seat is about as warm as a block of ice. The only heat is coming from fans who think coaches need firing and players need benching after every loss.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

greenyellow wrote:His seat is about as warm as a block of ice. The only heat is coming from fans who think coaches need firing and players need benching after every loss.
Well said!
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

This is an absurd question. I understand the frustration but who is Oregon going to get if they fire Mario? I have a hard time seeing a realistic option that matches what Mario can do, let alone be an upgrade. Maybe Donte Williams could be better than expected but he’s too young and inexperienced, that’d be way too big of a risk. You can’t fire Mario and Mullens is not foolish enough to listen to the fans. But like I said before which got criticized, Mullens could easily have a convo with Mario (and even though Mullens hates Knight might need to bring him with) to basically say that he needs to figure out how to bring out a motivated and consistent team every week no matter the opponent. Maybe Belotti could be an advisor or something, but it’s not like Belotti thrived at bringing out a consistent team no matter the opponent. This may just be a thing we have to live with as long as Mario is coaching this team, one or two losses a season against very inferior opponents that Oregon has no business losing to, and that’s infuriating as a fan especially with the lack of respect the Pac-12 gets.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

(and even though Mullens hates Knight might need to bring him with) ???? Sorry not following what you are saying here. Do you mean that Mullens needs to have a conversation with Mario and Knight should be in the room also?
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

lmduck wrote:(and even though Mullens hates Knight might need to bring him with) ???? Sorry not following what you are saying here. Do you mean that Mullens needs to have a conversation with Mario and Knight should be in the room also?
I was saying that technically speaking Mullens is Mario’s boss and when it comes to Oregon athletics Knight is everyone’s boss. Just simply telling him things need to change might be necessary, though maybe after that loss Mario finally realizes it himself. Knight is the most influential person when it comes to Oregon athletics, Phil gets what Phil wants. Remember when Phil had a headset on Autzen so he could hear what the coaches were saying? Everyone knows he truly can call the shots if he wants to, and even Mullens knows that and that’s why he can’t stand Knight.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Yikes- where do you get it that Mullens hates Knight? I have never heard one person say that either inside or outside the HDC. I'm not saying it's not possible but have never heard that from anyone. I have said it before and not for the purpose of sounding like I know everything, but I do have a very good contact inside the department and in all our conversations and my in my activity with the department nothing of that nature has never come up and to be quite candid we have discussed many other things but nothing along those lines has ever surfaced.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Super cold.

His conservative coaching style is really annoying right now, but when Ty Thompson starts getting reps and developing then we'll eventually forget all about that.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I would say absolutely no, ice cold also. But there are a few out there who panic at the first sign of a coaching error, some who want Mullens and knight to educate MC on offense. I have my answer to how widespread this none sense is.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

lmduck wrote:Yikes- where do you get it that Mullens hates Knight? I have never heard one person say that either inside or outside the HDC. I'm not saying it's not possible but have never heard that from anyone. I have said it before and not for the purpose of sounding like I know everything, but I do have a very good contact inside the department and in all our conversations and my in my activity with the department nothing of that nature has never come up and to be quite candid we have discussed many other things but nothing along those lines has ever surfaced.
Hate was a strong word, I shouldn’t have used that word. I was in a grad level class at the UofO and twice Mullens came to talk to us and he expressed how frustrating it is to be the A/D yet he has to respond to Knight and whenever there’s a disagreement, Phil wins. Mullens fought hard to keep Matthew Knight Arena from being so large cause he wanted to have consistent sellouts, but Phil wanted it to be as large as it is so it’d be large enough to host NCAA regionals, Phil won, and things like that frustrates Mullens. From a personal level I’m sure they get along cause I’ve heard Phil is really nice and easy to get along with and Mullens is also very easy to get along with.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

No. But Mastro and Moorehead seats could start to warm if the offense, QB and RB rotation isn’t fixed.
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

Could you add a LOL to the selection