5%
Yes
7%

Total votes: 75
buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Is Cristobal’s seat warm?

Post by buckmarkduck »

greenyellow wrote:How about we get coaches' names right when posting about them? It's Mario Cristobal, not Cristabol. It's Joe Moorhead, not Morehead or Moorehead.

Joe won’t stick around long enough for it to matter.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:How about we get coaches' names right when posting about them? It's Mario Cristobal, not Cristabol. It's Joe Moorhead, not Morehead or Moorehead.

What????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

lmduck wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

What????

Dude almost took the Alabama OC job right after coming to UO. I have never expected him to be here very long.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

buckmarkduck wrote:
lmduck wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

What????

Dude almost took the Alabama OC job right after coming to UO. I have never expected him to be here very long.
I've mentioned in other threads that he seems to be less than enthusiastic about being here.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

I agree. Feels like a stop-over for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Re: Is Cristabol’s seat warm?

Post by duck023 »

Phalanx wrote:At the moment, Cristobal's prowess on the recruiting trail is turning everyone's heads, but if the trend of sub-par in-game coaching and lack of player development, particularly at QB continues, I expect the seat to get warmer, particularly if the recruiting momentum starts to shift as a result of the weak coaching. Bringing in top talent can actually work against a coach who does nothing with it (See: Mack Brown, Clay Helton).
Oregon is no longer a more or less version of the 2007 West Virginia team and more like good LSU and Florida teams. Oregon is definitely less flashy with the play calls but now they have talent similar to LSU and Florida so if they can just be a little tricky then they are above most SEC teams.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Cristobal is lucky his seat didn’t heat up the slightest bit with a bad home loss to a Cal team. I’m afraid at this point Mario isn’t going to learn his lesson unless maybe a 3-9 season happens. He just doesn’t seem to grasp the need to coach inspired football all four quarters no matter the opponent. As of now I have a hard time seeing Mario winning a national championship at Oregon, he’s great at getting talent to Oregon, but he has no clue what to do with that talent.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

I bet Maybe slightly would be doing better if we ran the poll again.

If we lose a few games this year, I think his seat will be getting warm heading into next year. If we disappoint next year, he could be in legitimate trouble.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Watching our WRs and DBs consistently talk s*** after making routine plays and getting called for penalties has gotten incredibly old. Near the end of the game (Cal), Oregon was incredibly fortunate that Garbers spiked the ball after the first down because 2/3 of Oregon's defense was busy celebrating because they thought they got the 4th down stop so almost no one was lined up. The message shouldn't be complicated - Play Football. These guys are more concerned with "juice" than with football.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

StevensTechU wrote:Watching our WRs and DBs consistently talk s*** after making routine plays and getting called for penalties has gotten incredibly old. Near the end of the game (Cal), Oregon was incredibly fortunate that Garbers spiked the ball after the first down because 2/3 of Oregon's defense was busy celebrating because they thought they got the 4th down stop so almost no one was lined up. The message shouldn't be complicated - Play Football. These guys are more concerned with "juice" than with football.

Agree. And in my experience it doesn’t take much to stop these bad habits. Just some motivating stairs, and extra conditioning during the week. Guys will think twice about getting stupid penalties, talking crap way after the play is over and making metal errors over and over again. It’s on the coaches to fix this. And it should start being fixed today. And Feld and his guys should have a list of guys to wake up at 0330 for some motivational extra conditioning this week.
lmduck

Is Cristobal’s seat warm?

Post by lmduck »

The first year Mario took over there was a major emphasis on cutting down on penalties because under Taggart they were the most penalized team in the conference. They did cut down in year 2 under MC and now they are moving back up. They are a sloppy undisciplined team and if Mario does not see that then there are far bigger issues.

It’s very disconcerting to see the regression of this team. Something is not right and you can bet every coach out there will use it against Mario in recruiting.

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I'm getting closer to wondering whether Herbert and 4/5 of an outstanding OL that Cristobal inherited inflated what we think Cristobal is capable of, and is closer to a high-water mark than 'just the beginning.'
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

StevensTechU wrote:I'm getting closer to wondering whether Herbert and 4/5 of an outstanding OL that Cristobal inherited inflated what we think Cristobal is capable of, and is closer to a high-water mark than 'just the beginning.'
Valid point.

Something else struck me last night and it came to the forefront of my thoughts again because they honored Bellotti last night at the game. Supposedly Mario talks with Mike once a week ( I have heard this from more than one source and JC mentioned it in his column last night post game), is Mario not listening or understanding what I am guessing MB is most likely telling him? Certainly I’m not privy to what is being said but I have to think Mike is giving him guidance and trying to ‘mentor’ him a bit. I am sure Mike is trying to be a positive sounding board for Mario and he is a great resource for sure. Is Mario just not getting it??? Clearly I am not on the calls but ya gotta wonder. They’re certainly talking about more than the weather.

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

StevensTechU wrote:I'm getting closer to wondering whether Herbert and 4/5 of an outstanding OL that Cristobal inherited inflated what we think Cristobal is capable of, and is closer to a high-water mark than 'just the beginning.'
Maybe. But I also think MC likes this type of football. Watching last night I thought to myself, this must be how it is to be a Wisconsin fan.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Maybe. But I also think MC likes this type of football. Watching last night I thought to myself, this must be how it is to be a Wisconsin fan.
You may well be right but Mario is also pretty in tune with what is being said ‘on the outside’. I know he talks about no distractions and outside noise but he knows what’s being said by the fans and pundits. I’m not saying fans and pundits know everything but as I said in another thread, he supposedly talks to Bellotti once a week and I have to think Mike is giving him pretty honest feedback and Mike knows this is not the kind of football that wins nattys.