5%
Yes
7%

Total votes: 75
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Is Cristabol’s seat warm?

Post by StevensTechU »

How many weeks ago were people saying we need to give Cristobal a huge raise so USC or Miami wouldn't take him? 1? I've lost track.
lmduck

Is Cristabol’s seat warm?

Post by lmduck »

StevensTechU wrote:How many weeks ago were people saying we need to give Cristobal a huge raise so USC or Miami wouldn't take him? 1? I've lost track.
I believe it was on 9/11/21 around 1om PDT. Does this help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by lmduck on Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I've been fairly critical lately and I think its a silly presumption.
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

Dumbest poll ever.
Who voted yes? That had to be mistake.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

ICE COLD.

Last I checked, the Oregon Ducks are back-to-back DEFENDING Pac-12 Champs with a Rose Bowl win under their belts in that time frame.

We're recruiting out of this world to Eugene, Oregon.

There is room for improvement, but given the schedule strength this year and the injuries, I'm having a hard time seeing any rational reasons why Oregon would look elsewhere. With that said, I do think expectations (conference champs, top 10 classes) warrant at least one CFP appearance by the end of the 23 season.

But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

The coldest seat ever. He's one of the better coaches Oregon has had. I just wished he would just put the game away once he has won it. I actually like the whole coaching staff.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

If the refs don’t call a phantom PI we are 5-0 and #3 in the country.

Because they did we now fire our coach?
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

lukeyrid13 wrote:If the refs don’t call a phantom PI we are 5-0 and #3 in the country.

Because they did we now fire our coach?
You mean #2…
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

At the moment, Cristobal's prowess on the recruiting trail is turning everyone's heads, but if the trend of sub-par in-game coaching and lack of player development, particularly at QB continues, I expect the seat to get warmer, particularly if the recruiting momentum starts to shift as a result of the weak coaching. Bringing in top talent can actually work against a coach who does nothing with it (See: Mack Brown, Clay Helton).
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I'd be shocked if we see even 9-3 or 8-4 seasons in the next 3-4 years after this one. We have LOADS of talent on campus and in the coming class. You can definitely make the case that we are on the Clemson trajectory.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

Phalanx wrote:At the moment, Cristobal's prowess on the recruiting trail is turning everyone's heads, but if the trend of sub-par in-game coaching and lack of player development, particularly at QB continues, I expect the seat to get warmer, particularly if the recruiting momentum starts to shift as a result of the weak coaching. Bringing in top talent can actually work against a coach who does nothing with it (See: Mack Brown, Clay Helton).
This. I think this plays it itself out. Either Cristobal shows he can develop all this talent and adjust his scheme, allowing him to take us to the Promised Land…
Or…
His teams keep stubbing their toes, he never finds/develops a real QB and RB at the same time, and his sales pitch to recruits starts to become stale.

Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

whosyourwally wrote:
Phalanx wrote:At the moment, Cristobal's prowess on the recruiting trail is turning everyone's heads, but if the trend of sub-par in-game coaching and lack of player development, particularly at QB continues, I expect the seat to get warmer, particularly if the recruiting momentum starts to shift as a result of the weak coaching. Bringing in top talent can actually work against a coach who does nothing with it (See: Mack Brown, Clay Helton).
This. I think this plays it itself out. Either Cristobal shows he can develop all this talent and adjust his scheme, allowing him to take us to the Promised Land…
Or…
His teams keep stubbing their toes, he never finds/develops a real QB and RB at the same time, and his sales pitch to recruits starts to become stale.

These two post as well as a couple of others in this thread is why I asked the question. As I said earlier I think Mario’s seat is Ice cold……. For now. But IMO, he is showing he is still learning how to be a HC for an elite team in the power 5. He is being questioned by fans and media and possibly others about his player development, offensive schemes, clock management, etc. which as a by product is creating heat for him, not his job status at this point.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Alan wrote:
whosyourwally wrote:
Or…

These two post as well as a couple of others in this thread is why I asked the question. As I said earlier I think Mario’s seat is Ice cold……. For now. But IMO, he is showing he is still learning how to be a HC for an elite team in the power 5. He is being questioned by fans and media and possibly others about his player development, offensive schemes, clock management, etc. which as a by product is creating heat for him, not his job status at this point.
It’s a fair question in that context, asking if Mario’s seat will eventually get warm, but as of right now it’s definitely ice cold.
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

Lol gooby pls, get out.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
greenyellow

Re: Is Cristobal’s seat warm?

Post by greenyellow »

How about we get coaches' names right when posting about them? It's Mario Cristobal, not Cristabol. It's Joe Moorhead, not Morehead or Moorehead.