A'lique Terry named new OL coach

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

A'lique Terry named new OL coach

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon has found their new OL coach in a familiar face as they've brought back former GA A'lique Terry, who spent the past season as assistant DL coach for the Minnesota Vikings.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: A'lique Terry named new OL coach

Post by buckmarkduck »

I only except OL coaches who are 5’5 145lbs.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

buckmarkduck wrote:I only except OL coaches who are 5’5 145lbs.
LOL!

The serendipity that Mario Cristobal's best friend just happened to be the "best O-Line coach in the country" who mysteriously never received interest from any other program.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Big jump for Terry so it's a surprising hire in that regard. It certainly allows for using money to be spent on other positions and likely won't be jumping to another school/organization anytime soon.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Assuming he’s got recruiting chops.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

UofDuck wrote:Assuming he’s got recruiting chops.
Don Johnson thinks he does, as do several former and current players, 4 of whom are currently on NFL rosters.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

I prefer mine to have at least been an O-Line coach at some point. I think we are going to take a massive step back in the quality of our O-Line play this year. I am really disappointed with this hire.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

karlhungis wrote:
I prefer mine to have at least been an O-Line coach at some point. I think we are going to take a massive step back in the quality of our O-Line play this year. I am really disappointed with this hire.
He has been an OL coach at Hawaii, and was a GA on the OL at Oregon. Guys that played while he was a GA here are lauding his ability to teach. Sure, he doesn’t have an extensive track record, but neither did Locklyn. There may be a step back, but that could also be the result of a nearly entirely new OL, not necessarily because of Terry.
Last edited by droop10 on Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

The guy has a positive history with Oregon, CDL already had his watchful eye on the young man, and I would be shocked if Lanning has not discussed this hire at length with not only his OC, Stein, but also Locklyn, and other members of the Oregon staff.

Methinks there may even have been input from our recently departed Coach Klemm... These guys seem to value each other's thoughts, and Lanning seems to do a fair amount of contemplative research before tapping his prospective employees.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Terry had been on Lanning's radar before as he was all set to return to Oregon in December 2021 before the Vikings swooped in and offered him the assistant DL coach job. They instead hired Viane Talamaivao in his place.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Terry will be making quite a bit less than what Klemm was making.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

greenyellow wrote:Terry will be making quite a bit less than what Klemm was making.
Crepea seems obsessed with this stuff. I get that it's public record, but he seems to be the only one who really investigates it and publishes it.

I'm surprised he hasn't written about Lanning buying a new home in Eugene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

lmduck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Terry will be making quite a bit less than what Klemm was making.
Crepea seems obsessed with this stuff. I get that it's public record, but he seems to be the only one who really investigates it and publishes it.

I'm surprised he hasn't written about Lanning buying a new home in Eugene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crepea comes off as a bit arrogant at times but he’s also the best journalist we’ve had covering the team in a while. The rest of the guys might as well be employed by the athletic department and rarely provide anything useful or unique. They just pump Oregon sports sunshine, which a portion of fans really like.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I don't see the issue with him reporting on the contracts. There are people who always wonder/ask about what the coaches make so Crepea provides them with the information. I certainly find it interesting because having the totals shows how competitive Oregon is compared to other programs in the conference and around the country when it comes to assistant compensation.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

These are public employees so yes, I have no issues with reporting those numbers.

Bellotti is getting a cool 1/4 Million every year from the state's taxpayers and its utter BS.