#10 Oregon @ UCLA (Oct. 23, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

thatbpguy
Four Star Recruit

Re: #10 Oregon @ UCLA (Oct. 23, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Post by thatbpguy »

karlhungis wrote:
rockthief wrote:Hopefully Brown will spend every practice this week with TEs and WRs passing the ball twelve to thirty yards. Nothing else, just throwing the ball from way the hell out of his comfort zone. These dink passes are killing the O.
Expecting anything different from AB at this point seems like wishful thinking. He gets praise from the head coach for his drinking and dunking, so that's what he is going to continue to do. I expect Saturday to look exactly like every other week. Short passes and throws into coverage all day. Maybe after we lose this week they will consider making a change?
He gets that praise in public. But when they break down film and see all the open receivers he's missing.... i'll bet it's not so jolly.
thatbpguy
Four Star Recruit

Post by thatbpguy »

I like this game. TB playing the whole game. Getting other defenders back. Dye seems to have shed his nickname of 'Mr. Fumble'. I can see a 31-24 win.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

thatbpguy wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
rockthief wrote:Hopefully Brown will spend every practice this week with TEs and WRs passing the ball twelve to thirty yards. Nothing else, just throwing the ball from way the hell out of his comfort zone. These dink passes are killing the O.
Expecting anything different from AB at this point seems like wishful thinking. He gets praise from the head coach for his drinking and dunking, so that's what he is going to continue to do. I expect Saturday to look exactly like every other week. Short passes and throws into coverage all day. Maybe after we lose this week they will consider making a change?
He gets that praise in public. But when they break down film and see all the open receivers he's missing.... i'll bet it's not so jolly.
I believe he purposefully avoids those receivers because he knows he cannot complete a pass to them.
ISU_Fan
One Star Recruit

Post by ISU_Fan »

Hello Ducks,

Cyclone fan back just to say hi and well done so far this season. You have a following in Ames rooting for you from afar. When you guys won in Columbus, I was a part of a big gathering in the tailgate lots before our game against Iowa watching your game on a big screen cheering for you hoping you guys hung on. Best of of luck!
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

greenyellow wrote:
Haven’t they learned from 2016? Weird jerseys equal bad losses.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Haven’t they learned from 2016? Weird jerseys equal bad losses.
Looks like some birds $hit on them...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

ISU_Fan wrote:Hello Ducks,

Cyclone fan back just to say hi and well done so far this season. You have a following in Ames rooting for you from afar. When you guys won in Columbus, I was a part of a big gathering in the tailgate lots before our game against Iowa watching your game on a big screen cheering for you hoping you guys hung on. Best of of luck!
Great to hear from you! Thanks for the well wishes. Glad to see ISU starting to turn their season around. (It's Brock-tober now, right?)

Count me in amongst those saying these jerseys are ... not great. I didn't like the speckled helmets they had in the Vernon Adams year, either. They look cheap.
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

Those uniforms are hiddeous! If that's innovation we're in trouble.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

StevensTechU wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:If you look at team stats they are almost identical, which really surprised me. The only differences are on defense, where we allow less points but more yards.

So, how has our offense managed to look pretty good on paper but so anemic live?
That's been perhaps the funniest thing about the criticisms of the offense this year. They're literally the top scoring team in the Pac-12. (Like most, I do think they're not humming on all cylinders)
And it makes sense why they aren’t making a change at QB. We control our own destiny in the conference and the offense is statistically the best in the conference. Scrapping all that for a freshman QB who may or may nog be any better, and most likely would be worse overall, makes no sense from the perspective of the coaches.

From the outside looking in, we’re right where we expected to be as a team and have everything to play for. Obviously some thing need to improve for that to continue to be the case but things aren’t as bad as they feel to us fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

EncinitasDuck wrote:Those uniforms are hiddeous! If that's innovation we're in trouble.
They aren’t for us though. They’re for the potential future Ducks who are 16-18 years old right now watching highlights on ESPN.

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
EncinitasDuck wrote:Those uniforms are hiddeous! If that's innovation we're in trouble.
They aren’t for us though. They’re for the potential future Ducks who are 16-18 years old right now watching highlights on ESPN.

The helmets still suck since we quit using HGI and it looks like a flock of seagulls took a dump on it.

The Harrington era jerseys are rife for a modern uniform styling and it's also an easy 20 year anniversary.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Duck07 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:

The helmets still suck since we quit using HGI and it looks like a flock of seagulls took a dump on it.

The Harrington era jerseys are rife for a modern uniform styling and it's also an easy 20 year anniversary.
Agreed. I’m surprised that haven’t done a Joey era throwback already since those were the jerseys that started it all.

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:

I'm not sure HGI is even doing helmets anymore since they quit posting about them on all their social media accounts like 2-3 years ago.

As for the Harrington jerseys, they sort of did retros by introducing the nightmare green uniforms and helmets in 2019.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:

Watching these uniforms gives me a craving for cookies & cream ice cream