#10 Oregon @ UCLA (Oct. 23, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: #10 Oregon @ UCLA (Oct. 23, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Phalanx wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:Unless Seven is hurt, he needs to be back deep instead of Wright. Our D starters are dropping like flies, (which is a big reason I can’t understand DeRuyter getting the criticism he gets) and our D can’t afford to lose a guy because of ST.

Our front 7, outside of KT obviously, should be very good next year. Sucks we have had so many injuries, but damn if I’m not excited about what our D can be next year.
If Seven wants to play offense let him play offense. If Kiffin let DAT play offense he may have never been a duck. If the coaches force Seven to play defense when he wants to play offense then he won’t be effective.
Pretty sure Buck was talking about Seven returning kicks.
Whoops! My bad! Then absolutely I would agree, I’d prefer Seven returning kicks over Wright.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

greenyellow wrote:
73duck wrote:I probably should look at it again, but on the second pick is it possible that the receiver broke the wrong way after AB released the ball? A miscommunication rather than a bad throw?
Mario said after the game that final INT was due to a miscommunication between Brown and Williams.

Brown clearly thought Williams would blow past the DB, but then stop and come back so he can be covered.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

nogerO wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:Can we all agree that this team coaches and plays better against opponents they view as a real threat? It was just so predictable that they would come out and play great yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Played great? Yeah for a quarter and a half. The rest of it was SOSDG.
Wow- okay. Your negativity never ceases .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

buckmarkduck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
73duck wrote:I probably should look at it again, but on the second pick is it possible that the receiver broke the wrong way after AB released the ball? A miscommunication rather than a bad throw?
Mario said after the game that final INT was due to a miscommunication between Brown and Williams.

Brown clearly thought Williams would blow past the DB, but then stop and come back so he can be covered.
:lol:
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

The thing that killed me about the interception was he would have had a an 8 yard gain before he encountered anyone if he just pulled it down and ran the direction he was already looking. We'd have been in easy field goal range with 2nd and short at worse and the clock running. Spare us from the 3rd straight game of a nail biting finish.
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

UofDuck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
I call BS. The ball was under thrown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Not BS the throw was faded to the sideline and the receiver went straight. Could still be Brown or it could be the receiver.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Quietduck wrote:
UofDuck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:

Not BS the throw was faded to the sideline and the receiver went straight. Could still be Brown or it could be the receiver.
Not buying that for one minute. The WR had 3 steps on the DB heading for the end zone. You never throw short when that is the case. Period. You can argue post/fade, direction in coverage, but never short when you have the advantage of being clean deep.

Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

UofDuck wrote:
Quietduck wrote:
UofDuck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:

Not buying that for one minute. The WR had 3 steps on the DB heading for the end zone. You never throw short when that is the case. Period. You can argue post/fade, direction in coverage, but never short when you have the advantage of being clean deep.

My view it wasn't short just on the wrong side of the receiver.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Fair enough

Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

Either way, it was the wrong place to throw it or the wrong route to run.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

That isn't a throw AB has shown the ability to make whether they wanted Devon to curl, post or corner.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

I'm happy with the game. I feel some of you are underestimating UCLA. This wasn't the same as the Cal game where they played down to competition. I'd argue that Oregon played up to competition in this game sort of like the Ohio State game but in both games they had trouble closing the game out which still needs to be worked on.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Quietduck wrote: My view it wasn't short just on the wrong side of the receiver.
It was actually both. Threw it to the sideline side when the receiver was facing the goalposts, and underthrew it by a couple yards which is what got it picked. Devon was wide open but it was poorly (under) thrown.
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

StevensTechU wrote:
Quietduck wrote: My view it wasn't short just on the wrong side of the receiver.
It was actually both. Threw it to the sideline side when the receiver was facing the goalposts, and underthrew it by a couple yards which is what got it picked. Devon was wide open but it was poorly (under) thrown.
I think we have a winner
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »