#10 Oregon @ UCLA (Oct. 23, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: #10 Oregon @ UCLA (Oct. 23, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Mario will literally blame anyone but AB, coaches, other players, for some reason he REFUSES to simply say “AB made a really bad throw”. I don’t get it. As a fan I liked the playcall, Williams was open and if Brown made the right throw Ducks pretty much end the game and the coaches look great. I just can’t understand why Mario won’t acknowledge what everyone sees, AB’s inconsistent play that can really hurt the team.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Mario will literally blame anyone but AB, coaches, other players, for some reason he REFUSES to simply say “AB made a really bad throw”. I don’t get it. As a fan I liked the playcall, Williams was open and if Brown made the right throw Ducks pretty much end the game and the coaches look great. I just can’t understand why Mario won’t acknowledge what everyone sees, AB’s inconsistent play that can really hurt the team.
He’s not going to acknowledge it publicly. You don’t know what’s said behind closed doors. Why are you so intent on him ripping the guy in public? Would it make you feel better and validate your frustration with AB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

lmduck wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Mario will literally blame anyone but AB, coaches, other players, for some reason he REFUSES to simply say “AB made a really bad throw”. I don’t get it. As a fan I liked the playcall, Williams was open and if Brown made the right throw Ducks pretty much end the game and the coaches look great. I just can’t understand why Mario won’t acknowledge what everyone sees, AB’s inconsistent play that can really hurt the team.
He’s not going to acknowledge it publicly. You don’t know what’s said behind closed doors. Why are you so intent on him ripping the guy in public? Would it make you feel better and validate your frustration with AB?

If he isn’t going to criticize AB then he shouldn’t criticize anyone else, it’s as simple as that.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Who has he publicly called out other than Hutson?

You are frustrated with AB and that’s fair but you continue to push for him to be publicly called out and I am not sure what would be accomplished by that. Believe me , I understand what you are saying but it’s just not going to make a difference other than to validate your frustration.

I think it’s safe to say we agree to disagree on this.

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

lmduck wrote:Who has he publicly called out other than Hutson?

You are frustrated with AB and that’s fair but you continue to push for him to be publicly called out and I am not sure what would be accomplished by that. Believe me , I understand what you are saying but it’s just not going to make a difference other than to validate your frustration.

He has called out Williams a handful of times in press conferences. He clearly has a different standard with AB than the other players.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

karlhungis wrote:
lmduck wrote:Who has he publicly called out other than Hutson?

He has called out Williams a handful of times in press conferences. He clearly has a different standard with AB than the other players.
I happen to know why he has called out Williams and I will just say there is/ was a reason for what he did.

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

did anyone freak out with the extra point Doink!!
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

I don’t mind Mario publicly being relentless about supporting his leaders. He’s modeling the culture he wants. Call out players for doing things that go against team culture/values (lack of work ethic, acts of stupidity, etc.), and build/challenge your leaders behind closed doors

GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

It was a good play call only if your QB was a Justin Herbert who could put the ball to the back of the end zone where the odds of an interception would be very low. That play has too much risk in that situation for any average QB let alone AB who struggles with putting the right touch on the ball at that distance. To make it worse from that spot in the field you should know the endzone will be crowded with DBs.

The time left in the game, the closeness to field goal range and the terrific efficiency of Oregon's red-zone offense all made that an awful call. It's good and honest of the coaches to take the blame on that one.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Quietduck wrote:did anyone freak out with the extra point Doink!!
Saw too many people blaming Lewis for that when it was more on a bad snap than him. The holder was lucky to get it down for Lewis to even attempt it.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

whosyourwally wrote:I don’t mind Mario publicly being relentless about supporting his leaders. He’s modeling the culture he wants. Call out players for doing things that go against team culture/values (lack of work ethic, acts of stupidity, etc.), and build/challenge your leaders behind closed doors

Exactly! You nailed it and buried in there is one of the reasons why Williams was called out publicly.

dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

The only thing I don’t like is how in the post-game he threw Devon Williams under the bus and blamed the interception on “the receiver.” It seemed like BS at the time and with these additional comments, it’s obvious it was. Defend your players but don’t be selective with it.

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »