#10 Oregon @ UCLA (Oct. 23, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Re: #10 Oregon @ UCLA (Oct. 23, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Post by woundedknees »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Alan wrote:Good interview from Dye, who was the second guy he hugged? The tall blond guy? Anyone know?

If it’s the same blond guy I saw him hug, it was Jerry Neuheisel
Bill Walton...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Hey, glad Oregon won. However, every game kinda feels like a loss at the same time. This play style is not getting the most out the the talent. For Christobals whole Oregon tenure they have flirted with disaster against worse teams they should win handily against for about 4 to 5 games a year. It’s really frustrating to watch.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

pezsez1 wrote:What a game... pretty much highlighted all of our strengths and flaws. Tenacious defense that is much better than its total yardage stats show, and an offense led by a QB with no deep ball whatsoever. AB was great tonight when he wasn't throwing deep, but man... why the coaches called that play that led to his final INT is beyond me.

Great win though. Wish it had been a blowout -- it easily could have been -- but never apologize for winning.
Easily could have been a blowout the other way if that UCLA player wasn't offsides in the 2nd quarter. I was a supporter of AB since last year but the on field product is lacking. His completion % has kind of gone up as the season progressed but he technically tossed 3 interceptions today and you don't win games if you throw that many.

I at least got some comic relief when the announcers were trying to hype him up and even showed his instagram post. Then he tossed his first official INT less than 2 minutes later.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

He technically tossed 2....
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I haven’t watched the replay and I’m just going off memory, but on Brown’s second pick Williams ran a route that looked very similar to the route Redd ran last week when Brown threw a dime to tie up the game in the 4th Qtr. It may not have been the same but it looked similar. It’s just crazy to me that last week Brown threw such a great pass then today with almost the same play he threw such an awful interception. I don’t put the blame on the coaches, if Brown does his job and makes a good throw we talk about how great of a call it was and how we loved the aggressive playcall, and considering Brown made that same throw look so easy in the fourth quarter last week they probably figured he could do it again. Just boggles my mind how Brown can be so wildly inconsistent.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

Officially 2. He just got really lucky in the 2nd quarter when the UCLA guy didn't line up correctly but that ball was absolutely picked. I mean *really* lucky. The guy lining up incorrectly made the pick but I think he would have made the play even if he wasn't offsides.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

It is what it is with AB. They just need to limit his passes and stay away from the long throws. I think they probably threw those couple in just to try to keep the defense honest, but hopefully they learn that they are not going to be able to do that.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I haven’t watched the replay and I’m just going off memory, but on Brown’s second pick Williams ran a route that looked very similar to the route Redd ran last week when Brown threw a dime to tie up the game in the 4th Qtr. It may not have been the same but it looked similar. It’s just crazy to me that last week Brown threw such a great pass then today with almost the same play he threw such an awful interception. I don’t put the blame on the coaches, if Brown does his job and makes a good throw we talk about how great of a call it was and how we loved the aggressive playcall, and considering Brown made that same throw look so easy in the fourth quarter last week they probably figured he could do it again. Just boggles my mind how Brown can be so wildly inconsistent.
At first glance, it looked to me like Brown had a massive running lane open, and could have easily scamper for a significant gain...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Officially 2. He just got really lucky in the 2nd quarter when the UCLA guy didn't line up correctly but that ball was absolutely picked. I mean *really* lucky. The guy lining up incorrectly made the pick but I think he would have made the play even if he wasn't offsides.
He only threw that pass BECAUSE he knew there was an offsides penalty. That was a smart play.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

The INT in the endzone drove me nuts. Devon Williams is behind the defense and the ball was underthrown by about 5 yards, allowing the defense to catch up and make a play on it. If Devon doesn't have to turn around and come back for the ball, it's 6.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

pezsez1 wrote:
He only threw that pass BECAUSE he knew there was an offsides penalty. That was a smart play.
No it's not. That doesn't make sense at all. Who would throw the ball behind the LOS on a free play.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

We must be thinking of different plays.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

StevensTechU wrote:The INT in the endzone drove me nuts. Devon Williams is behind the defense and the ball was underthrown by about 5 yards, allowing the defense to catch up and make a play on it. If Devon doesn't have to turn around and come back for the ball, it's 6.
He was under pressure and had terrible mechanics, but even considering that it was horribly under thrown. You have to put it in front or into the stands there if you miss.

I still think he gives us the best chance to win games THIS season, but he's certainly not up to the standard of QB we're spoiled and used to seeing at Oregon.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

woundedknees wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
Alan wrote:Good interview from Dye, who was the second guy he hugged? The tall blond guy? Anyone know?

If it’s the same blond guy I saw him hug, it was Jerry Neuheisel
Bill Walton...
I watched it a dozen times, still does not look like Herbert, lol.
stlDUCKfan
Pac-12 Prediction Winner!

Post by stlDUCKfan »

pezsez1 wrote:We must be thinking of different plays.
Yea I think you are, the one offsides play where he threw it up for grabs was smart because that was obviously a free play and he was trying to sneak it in somewhere and it got tipped right to a defender. The other was the goal line throw that was picked by 37 on UCLA I think. That was a fantastic play by the D but also another time where AB doesn’t read the D and tries to force it into the first person he looks at. That was really lucky because I didn’t think being offside by an inch really would have changed the result of the play, so they got a redo and scored.