Cardwell question

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Cardwell question

Post by StevensTechU »

Davies has been mentioned in practice reports about the intra-squad with the practice teamers, so I don't think he's been injured. Could obviously be wrong, but doesn't seem like that's what's holding him back.
thatbpguy
Four Star Recruit

Post by thatbpguy »

FREE CARDWELL!!
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Free somebody. I love Dye, but you need 2-3 RBs sharing the load even if you have LMJ or Royce.

Cardwell: 9 carries 40 yards
Seven: 5 carries 26 yards and 2 catches 38 yards
Benson: 3 carries 11 yards 1 TD

Maybe this is the week one of the young guys gets some work. It really feels like we need another RB recruit. If one of three transfers or retires or gets kicked then we have two RBs for next season.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

GoDucksTroll wrote:Free somebody. I love Dye, but you need 2-3 RBs sharing the load even if you have LMJ or Royce.

Maybe this is the week one of the young guys gets some work. It really feels like we need another RB recruit. If one of three transfers or retires or gets kicked then we have two RBs for next season.
Sean Dollars?
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

StevensTechU wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:Free somebody. I love Dye, but you need 2-3 RBs sharing the load even if you have LMJ or Royce.

Sean Dollars?
Not sure Dollars has been medically cleared yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Dollars isn't playing this year.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

StevensTechU wrote:

Sean Dollars?
I totally forgot about Dollars for 2022. He surprised me at the end of last year, so I have high hopes for him. But both him and Benson have had season ending injuries, and Benson is banged up again.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Dollars isn't playing this year.
Was responding to the comment about next season depth.
73duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 73duck »

I am trying to remember, sometime in the Bellotti era, when Oregon started two frosh CBs who played like they were on roller skates that year, but both were all conference before they graduated.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

73duck wrote:I am trying to remember, sometime in the Bellotti era, when Oregon started two frosh CBs who played like they were on roller skates that year, but both were all conference before they graduated.

I think Phinnesee (sp) was one. And maybe Binns?
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Gipson and Phinissee(sp)?
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

duckfan96 wrote:Gipson and Phinissee(sp)?
I think they tried different combinations at safety and corner in 2002, but the ones that we all remember getting roasted again and again at corner were Phinisee and especially Gipson, who was a true freshman.
73duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 73duck »

Gipson for sure, can't remember if the other one was Binns or Phinesee. All three had nice careers for Oregon, but not in 2002.

Started out 6-0, mostly against cupcakes, but including an upset of UCLA. Then ASU came into Autzen, went into max protect, and the QB (Andrew Walter?) threw for about 500 yards. That was the blueprint for everyone they played for the rest of the season, lost 6 of 7 including a humiliating Seattle Bowl loss to Wake Forest. We are so spoiled now.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

73duck wrote:Gipson for sure, can't remember if the other one was Binns or Phinesee. All three had nice careers for Oregon, but not in 2002.

Started out 6-0, mostly against cupcakes, but including an upset of UCLA. Then ASU came into Autzen, went into max protect, and the QB (Andrew Walter?) threw for about 500 yards. That was the blueprint for everyone they played for the rest of the season, lost 6 of 7 including a humiliating Seattle Bowl loss to Wake Forest. We are so spoiled now.
It was Phinesee. I was 12 that year and as obsessed with Oregon football as you could be. I was at that ASU game… that season was a rough one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Many of our very good CBs looked awful when they played as freshmen.