Washington State @ #5 Oregon (Nov. 13, Sat 7:30 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Re: Washington State @ #5 Oregon (Nov. 13, Sat 7:30 PM ESPN)

Post by woundedknees »

rockthief wrote:Oregon 45
Wazzu 10
refs 14
FIFY
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

That last PI penalty shouldn't have been called with how uncatchable it was.
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

greenyellow wrote:That last PI penalty shouldn't have been called with how uncatchable it was.
That was a ridiculous call
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

These officials are a never ending fount of incompetence.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Nice win!

Today was a great day for the Ducks. With Oklahoma out of the picture, we're in the playoff assuming we win out. We dominated WSU and established ourselves as an elite running team. We also kept ourselves alive in the North Division race... and without that, we have nothing.

The refs... good god! How did they decide that AB didn't break the plane? Lots of bizarre stuff in this game that could have affected the outcome.

Cardwell Jr. is legit. I'm buying Cardwell stock.

Excited for Utah. Highly confident that we'll win.

Was DJ James ok after getting hurt near the end?

Also, the Huskies blew a lead and lost. 8-)

Great day to be a Duck!
Willie Taggart is a dick.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

DJ James ran off the field so appears to be okay. Looks like he took an odd hit to his side/back and probably just had the wind knocked out of him to go along with some soreness.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

pezsez1 wrote:Was DJ James ok after getting hurt near the end?
They said he ran off the field, so I assume he will be fine.

Why in the world do we have starters in the game on kick coverage at that point? Why in the world is Thibodeaux in the game on that last drive? The people making decisions on these sorts of things are as incompetent as the officials.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

-It's crazy how much Pac-12 refs suck each week. AB is laying in the damn endzone, but somehow that ball was out first?!? Fvking incompetent! Encourage you all to email the President and AD and have them complain to the new commish. He works for them and that's the only way we're going to get pompous morons like Mark Duddy out of the Pac-12 officiating crews.

They've literally cost us 20+ points total the last 2 weeks and it could cost us if we do make the playoffs in terms of seeding.

-AB's consistency is maddening, but I appreciate he's made some big time throws in the 4th quarter the last 2 weeks.

-O-line was great again.

-Cardwell missed some things last week, but he was great today. He is just scratching the surface. In terms of power/balance/speed combination, he has the chance to be an all-time Oregon great.

-Defense still has some inconsistency due to the backups. Jamal Hill got picked on today pretty hard as Bennett Williams was simply better. Hill is not bad, he's just not "twitchy" enough for many slot receivers. Keith Brown played better today, but also got burnt on a couple of those screens and we didn't see him much in the 2nd half. He's still thinking too much out there. Outside of that, our D-line continues to be outstanding. Sewell missed a couple tackles but is MUCH improved in pass coverage.

Go Ducks!
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

gogreen55 wrote:

Why in the world do we have starters in the game on kick coverage at that point? Why in the world is Thibodeaux in the game on that last drive? The people making decisions on these sorts of things are as incompetent as the officials.

I was thinking the exact same thing when watching the game. CMC has a habit through the years of leaving his starters, veterans, and stars in the game, even when the game has already been largely decided.
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

alxtw wrote:
gogreen55 wrote:

I was thinking the exact same thing when watching the game. CMC has a habit through the years of leaving his starters, veterans, and stars in the game, even when the game has already been largely decided.

Kind of wondering if he was yielding to KT on the decision, and doing him a "solid" to help his draft stock since he's missed some games. And maybe selfishly CMC could use his #1 pick (assuming he is drafted 1st overall) for recruiting purposes.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

gogreen55 wrote:

WRI?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I fell asleep before the Cardwell TD runs and woke up briefly to see him in the end zone.

I really hope we have some semblance of an actual offensive gameplan against Utah because we won't get away with just running the QB up the middle and outside every other play.
Bigwaved
Four Star Recruit

Post by Bigwaved »

gogreen55 wrote:

He looked like he was caught up in a midair, helicopter-like fall onto his low back.

So much for watching it live. After i watched the replay of the game, I see he was hit in the low back when he was sort of turned around in midair. He did not land on his back at all.
Last edited by Bigwaved on Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.