Pittman Twitter

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Pittman Twitter

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I did something similar when I was 19 and still regret it.

Be frustrated with your role in the offense , but ride out at least 3-4 more weeks (post season too if you want) and then move on between quarters. Absolutely nothing to be gained from him leaving right now and the reputation hit will live with him potentially for a long time.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Best of luck to him, but I get the feeling he won't be missed from an Xs and Os perspective -- our QB right now is just too limited. It isn't a knock on Pittman. I would have loved to have seen what he could have done next year though.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Guessing he probably didn't want to risk another game and any injuries playing for a team if he isn't getting touches.
thatbpguy
Four Star Recruit

Post by thatbpguy »

StevensTechU wrote:Pittman officially out. Cristobal said after practice today that he is no longer with the program.

Again, I totally get it. He's a guy who needs to have a big college career to garner a look at the NFL level. What doesn't make sense is JJ3 just went down, and Brady Breeze showed just recently that you can essentially get drafted on your performance in a few marquee games, which are still ahead for Oregon this season. I don't always speak out on player decisions but this one just doesn't make sense to me, timing-wise.

Wishing him the best.
With AB, it's hard for any WR to get a decent NFL look unless they attend practices. I don't blame the kid. He's got a lot of talent and it's wasted here. And it's not about waiting his turn. We just have a QB that isn't a downfield thrower.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

I'm mixed on this one. While I do not like the mid-season quitting, he has a point. This coaching staff could care less if they have a legitimate passing game or not and this bothers me a lot. We have 4 and 5* receivers signing on to this program for the opportunity to play at a high level and our game plan literally could care less if they get any passes whatsoever. Yes, I realize we are winning games but I guarantee you this gameplan we have put in place, to literally BARELY win games and shut it down the second we get a lead is going to bite us in the ass. We need to keep kids like him in the program. This is a HUGE loss in my opinion.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

QuackininBama wrote:I'm mixed on this one. While I do not like the mid-season quitting, he has a point. This coaching staff could care less if they have a legitimate passing game or not and this bothers me a lot. We have 4 and 5* receivers signing on to this program for the opportunity to play at a high level and our game plan literally could care less if they get any passes whatsoever. Yes, I realize we are winning games but I guarantee you this gameplan we have put in place, to literally BARELY win games and shut it down the second we get a lead is going to bite us in the ass. We need to keep kids like him in the program. This is a HUGE loss in my opinion.

If he could break a tackle, maybe the staff would work harder to get him the ball? Also UGA is proving you can be dominant without feeding the WR.

It’s simple, either he wants to win or he doesn’t. Apparently stats are all that matter.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I think part of the issue with Pittman is he's seemed more concerned with his NIL deals than actually producing on the field. I remember in one of YouTube vlogs or Instagram posts, he said that he was glad the NIL rules changed because his scholarship checks didn't leave much spending money after tuition, school expenses, rent, car payments, and car insurance. I found it odd he was complaining about a lack of money when in other videos before the NIL deals kicked in, he was shopping for a brand-new Tesla and taking his girlfriend on helicopter tours in Portland.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

greenyellow wrote:I think part of the issue with Pittman is he's seemed more concerned with his NIL deals than actually producing on the field. I remember in one of YouTube vlogs or Instagram posts, he said that he was glad the NIL rules changed because his scholarship checks didn't leave much spending money after tuition, school expenses, rent, car payments, and car insurance. I found it odd he was complaining about a lack of money when in other videos before the NIL deals kicked in, he was shopping for a brand-new Tesla and taking his girlfriend on helicopter tours in Portland.
Hell, how many of us could afford to think in terms of a top of the line car, or a helicopter date/joy ride with our girlfriend in college?

I pity the fool!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

Are we 100% sure that Pittman left the team and he wasn't kicked out? Airing out your grievances against the team on social media has to be against team rules. Or possibly one of those things where you resign before you're fired?
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

My completely uninformed 2 cents....I think if his dad doesn't spout off on social media, Pittman is still here.

His dad saying the coaches are liars and suggesting he transfer to USC were the tipping points. Pittman saying he's frustrated with his lack of touches is one thing but his dad's comments were over the top.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

ducks5ever wrote:Are we 100% sure that Pittman left the team and he wasn't kicked out? Airing out your grievances against the team on social media has to be against team rules. Or possibly one of those things where you resign before you're fired?
Doubt we'll ever truly know since MC and the staff don't ever badmouth former players/coaches publicly, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if they did with how much of a distraction it could have become if they allowed it to stay around the team.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

“We don’t judge”

But I do. Pittman was gone before his dad mouthed off, he posted a TikTok that wasn’t exactly ambiguous.

Relevant, since Papa Pittman injected himself into this: Mike Sr is a scumbag. A rap sheet of domestic violence arrests, pleas, and convictions. From the time he was in college to when he was a player with Michael Jr’s and Mycah’s mom, and post NFL. The worst one was slamming car (a Hummer) into his wife’s car when she was in it with his two year old unnamed son (math says Michael Jr) and the kids nanny, sending it through a barrier.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

GoDucksTroll wrote:“We don’t judge”

But I do. Pittman was gone before his dad mouthed off, he posted a TikTok that wasn’t exactly ambiguous.

Relevant, since Papa Pittman injected himself into this: Mike Sr is a scumbag. A rap sheet of domestic violence arrests, pleas, and convictions. From the time he was in college to when he was a player with Michael Jr’s and Mycah’s mom, and post NFL. The worst one was slamming car (a Hummer) into his wife’s car when she was in it with his two year old unnamed son (math says Michael Jr) and the kids nanny, sending it through a barrier.
I figured at some point this info would surface on here. There certainly are some issues with Dad Pittman. One of which appears to be him attempting to relive his glory days through his sons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk