Pittman Twitter

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Pittman Twitter

Post by greenyellow »

I've been noticing a lot of fair catches for most games across P5 so it's not just Pittman who's not returning a lot punts. Also, it's not like Pittman is bad at returning punts, as he's 17th in the nation and 3rd in the Pac-12 at 10.1 yards per return.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

While we’re doing the Twitter interpretation thing….after he was injured late in the game, this gives me the “JJ3 is out for a while” feeling

https://twitter.com/so_very_sherri_/sta ... 13931?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

Clearly he's not getting a lot of respect from the comments section either lmao.

I obviously don't watch practice but I think he has some of the best hands on the entire team. In practice reports from prior years, he was always the one who made the difficult to catch passes. That's also how he got injured his first year.

If it were a passing play on 3rd & anything, who would you guys want to throw the ball to? Williams? I would've gone with Pittman because I always thought he could catch anything tossed in his general direction. I must have missed the drops mentioned earlier in the comments.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

While we’re doing the Twitter interpretation thing….after he was injured late in the game, this gives me the “JJ3 is out for a while” feeling
I've seen shockingly little buzz about this which also makes me feel he's out for a while. The insider community tends to clam up whenever it's really bad news.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
lmduck

Pittman Twitter

Post by lmduck »

Pittman on IG- clearly something is on his mind

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWTcbqro6TD ... =copy_link

Guessing he might be meeting with MC and BMac for a chat today. Not the distraction they need this week.

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

This really makes me sad because I LOVE Pittman. I appreciate what AB has been able to do with his legs, but it really is a shame that we don't have a QB who is capable of spreading the ball around to these talented receivers. I'm excited for next season, but damn.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Agree but I don’t think at this point we can jump to any conclusions. The flip side is Pittman has some things on his mind.

Frustration is always going to be part of the game. I understand MP’s concern BUT he really should sit down and talk to his coaches. Venting on social media is not the way to handle it. (How many times have we discussed this!!! LOL)

Having seen some of his posts, he is very social media savvy and clearly is trying to follow in his brother’s footsteps. He is also working to create his own brand which is all good. But, the down side of these types of posts and the typical comments they elicit often time cause people to conclude (correctly or incorrectly) that he might be a prima dona. Not saying I am drawing that conclusion, just saying these types of posts are often misinterpreted and if not quickly mitigated can cause issues with morale and team chemistry.

Again, they are into the ‘meat’ of the schedule right now and don’t need any outside distractions and someone like Crepea loves this kind of thing and would certainly ask MC about at a presser or Pittman if he is one of the post practice interviews.

alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

He caught every pass thrown his way and flashed first round potential his freshmen year because Herbert was still here. AB is not a good passer and I feel the coaches recognize that so they design the game plans mostly around the run and sub 10 yard passes. Pittman isn't going to get as many decent passes thrown his way as if he had a decent passing QB. On a side note, his blocking has been very lackluster this year compared to his freshmen year. He seems to just give up half way through some blocks.

Fully agree, players shouldn't be ranting on social media or posting live streams of the inner workings of the team. However, this is a completely different generation of college kids and mindsets compared to those of even 5 years ago.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

I get it, WR is a somewhat isolated position. You're asked to block every play and get maybe only a handful of targets each game. But the last two weeks throwing the ball just hasn't been in the cards.
- Washington: Downpour, elite secondary, QB not terribly consistent, UW not stopping the run
- Washington State: The Cougars literally could not stop the run and Oregon was able to chew up almost the entire second half of the clock, leaving their potent offense on the sideline, by running it all over them

I get from an entertainment perspective the enjoyment of watching teams mix it up on offense, but the goal is to win and when something is working (in this case the run game), why go away from it?
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

lmduck wrote:Pittman on IG- clearly something is on his mind

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWTcbqro6TD ... =copy_link

Guessing he might be meeting with MC and BMac for a chat today. Not the distraction they need this week.
That post is extremely ambiguous. There's no crying in [football].
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

What am I missing when he says he was lied too? Did someone promise him Brown would suddenly become a great passing QB? Outside of that, the coaches can’t possibly promise any WR more touches because of Browns limitations.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I couldn't follow all this, so I just killed a few brain cells by looking at his social media.

- Mycah Pittman posted about 'holding his head high with two dry eyes'
- A bunch of fans responded saying how great he is playing for the Ducks and others saying to transfer to their program
- He posts saying 'it was just a post, people are over-blowing this'
- At said point, I was ready to get on with my life, but then saw that Father Pittman posted that 'nobody wants to play for a program where they aren't utilized and where they're lied to numerous times'

So, Mycah may or may not be unhappy, idk. But for sure, Big Pittman isn't happy. Do I care? Not especially. But it's definitely a thing.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

StevensTechU wrote:I couldn't follow all this, so I just killed a few brain cells by looking at his social media.

- Mycah Pittman posted about 'holding his head high with two dry eyes'
- A bunch of fans responded saying how great he is playing for the Ducks and others saying to transfer to their program
- He posts saying 'it was just a post, people are over-blowing this'
- At said point, I was ready to get on with my life, but then saw that Father Pittman posted that 'nobody wants to play for a program where they aren't utilized and where they're lied to numerous times'

So, Mycah may or may not be unhappy, idk. But for sure, Big Pittman isn't happy. Do I care? Not especially. But it's definitely a thing.
You've expertly summarized it and my 'hunch/guess' is someone had a chat with him hence the 'it was just a post, people are over-blowing this' post.

His father's post is certainly not a good thing.

My total guess/speculation,' this too shall pass'.
justin_f
One Star Recruit

Post by justin_f »

His dad was a cry baby when his other son was at usc. Dad went after helton hard on Twitter

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

justin_f wrote:His dad was a cry baby when his other son was at usc. Dad went after helton hard on Twitter

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Always is puzzling to me when a parent does that. Do they not get that it rarely helps the kid or the situation???

I’ve heard some things about the father third hand . Probably a bit of truth to some of it.