Pittman Twitter

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lmduck

Re: Pittman Twitter

Post by lmduck »

Phalanx wrote:Devon Williams comes here and Pittman might be going to USC - seems like we got the better end of that deal. With receiver recruits decommitting presumably for lack of room and touches, Pittman is probably doing us a favor.
Who do you anticipate is decommitting in addition to Anderson and Satenaga? Those were not surprising to the coaching staff based on what I heard. Have you heard of others?

Have you specifically heard Pittman is headed to SC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Freaking whiny quitter. Post season, I’d have no issues. Locker room cancer the Ducks can’t afford this time of year.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Completely agree! Quitting towards the second half of the season, when the team is in a good position is very selfish.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

lmduck wrote: Have you specifically heard Pittman is headed to SC?
No, if I had specifically heard that, I wouldn't have said he 'might' go there. Also, since he isn't even in the portal yet as of Tuesday, that would have to be some pretty super-secret info.
lmduck wrote:Who do you anticipate is decommitting in addition to Anderson and Satenaga? Those were not surprising to the coaching staff based on what I heard.
I'm glad you posted this, as I was under the impression that the coaches woke up one morning and read about the de-commitments on Scoop Duck. After they scheduled Coleman and Clemons for visits, I just really thought they planned on taking six receivers this year. Thank goodness for you and your sources straightening me out.

My point about Pittman is that if I want Coleman or another WR recruit to come to Oregon, it's probably a plus that he is leaving now rather than at the end of the season, and I am guessing the glut at receiver had something to do with Anderson and Sategna going elsewhere. Do your secret sources tell you otherwise?
lmduck

Pittman Twitter

Post by lmduck »

It’s unfortunate your reply is so snarky and condescending. I asked honest questions and you decided to respond , as Mycah Pittman would say in a disrespectful manner. Did you have a bad day?

Maybe try being courteous. It works for a lot of people.

UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

I do think he ultimately leaves, but why is he spouting off now? Might be as simple as other diva WRs “Give me the damn ball”…NOW.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

UofDuck wrote:I do think he ultimately leaves, but why is he spouting off now? Might be as simple as other diva WRs “Give me the damn ball”…NOW.
He wants to get a drop on his next school while they have roster space before they promise another talented kid what he could possibly do in their system.

Obviously right now we don't have any insider info but I'm finding it hard to believe that the Coaches have somehow turned on a player rather than MP just getting disgruntled as being the primary issue that led to this point. I'll add that his brother is having a great stretch of play for the Colts right now too and when you add in what STU mentioned re his NFL chances, I'm not really understanding why he's letting the door hit him on the way out? Seems like the better move is just acknowledge that he's ready for change and make it amicable.

I'll also add that if he really wants to blow up Stats-wise, then he should drop a level and do a Cooper Kupp in order to show off his skills. Fresno St might also be a good option for him as far as D1 options go, with Haener getting a lot of attention next year.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Question for those who follow the NFL closely. For a player being evaluated for a late round pick or an FA contract. I know transferring is ok, but would quitting mid season on a winning team in a playoff race be a serious red flag in the character portion of player evaluation, or is being a prima donna expected or a feature for NFL WRs?
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

GrandpaDuck wrote:Question for those who follow the NFL closely. For a player being evaluated for a late round pick or an FA contract. I know transferring is ok, but would quitting mid season on a winning team in a playoff race be a serious red flag in the character portion of player evaluation, or is being a prima donna expected or a feature for NFL WRs?
My former neighbor worked for the 49ers in player personnel and we had a similar conversation when they drafted LMJ. I asked him how thoroughly they look into 'behavior' and his response was something along the lines of 'we leave no stone unturned'. He said 'we ask anyone and everyone and run more than your basic background check'. He said that at the combine they have different people ask a prospective player the same question regarding a behavioral issue at different times and then they compare notes on the answers they were given. If those answers are not fairly consistent he said it's a 'red flag'.

I was just more surprised at how MP handled this. I have heard (but cannot confirm) he just did not show up for practice yesterday. I was also surprised at some of his Dad's comments and then a friend reminded me that Dad did the exact same thing when Michael was at SC so there seems to be a pattern there. Not disparaging it, just saying that Dad has apparently gotten involved before.

I hope he lands in a good place. I really liked him when he signed and thought he would be a really good player for the DUCKS. At the same time, he has to do what he feels is best for him and hopefully gets him to the NFL as that is clearly his goal. Can't fault him for that.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Pittman officially out. Cristobal said after practice today that he is no longer with the program.

Again, I totally get it. He's a guy who needs to have a big college career to garner a look at the NFL level. What doesn't make sense is JJ3 just went down, and Brady Breeze showed just recently that you can essentially get drafted on your performance in a few marquee games, which are still ahead for Oregon this season. I don't always speak out on player decisions but this one just doesn't make sense to me, timing-wise.

Wishing him the best.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

I have zero problems with player's transferring in and out. Just do it after the season is completed.

Again, assuming the transfer is based off of frustration in role, playing time, and nothing beyond that (which leads to a whole other discussion).
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

StevensTechU wrote:Pittman officially out. Cristobal said after practice today that he is no longer with the program.

Again, I totally get it. He's a guy who needs to have a big college career to garner a look at the NFL level. What doesn't make sense is JJ3 just went down, and Brady Breeze showed just recently that you can essentially get drafted on your performance in a few marquee games, which are still ahead for Oregon this season. I don't always speak out on player decisions but this one just doesn't make sense to me, timing-wise.

Wishing him the best.
Completely agree

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Probably is best to get him and his family away from the program at this point.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Pittman’s official announcement
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

The written goodbye by MP seemed heartfelt. Albeit quitting mid year comes across a little louder.

That said, Respect!