Coaching Carousel

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Coaching Carousel

Post by buckmarkduck »

StevensTechU wrote:Dan Mullen is out at Florida. I think there's a lot of meat left on that bone and it will be interesting to see where he ends up. Some will mention Cristobal as a candidate, but I'd also mention that if Moorhead moves on, Mullen could be our OC.

washington reportedly vetting 4 candidates currently: Justin Wilcox (Cal), Bryan Harsin (Auburn), Kalen Deboer (Fresno), Jeff Hafley (Boston College). Here's the article: https://footballscoop.com/news/washingt ... acc-hafley

In other conference news, Don Brown is leaving Arizona's DC position to become the new head man at UMass. Even though Arizona has a talentless roster, Brown made that squad respectable defensively and I would say this is a massive loss for UA's comeback hopes in the next couple years. He's an elite defensive coach.

Isn’t Don Brown like 90?
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Isn’t Don Brown like 90?
Like a fine wine.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

Looks like Dickert will be the new permanent head coach at WSU.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

Napier to Florida looks to be a done deal.

Kalen DeBoer is apparently the favorite to be the next HC at UW.

Lincoln Riley supposedly said no to LSU...but Napier was supposed to be their 2nd choice so we will see who they get...
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by HomeSickDuck »

Lincoln Riley is going to USC. That came out of no where.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

Apparently Lincoln Riley is headed to USC. They just mentioned it on Redzone. Wow.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

I don't know a ton about Riley, but from what I do know this doesn't seem like great news for our dominance of the conference.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

Who ends up with the LSU and Oklahoma gigs now?
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I figured USC would land a good coach, we’re about to find out what Mario is really made out of, especially if Washington gets a good coach.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

The Pac-12 just got more interesting. It's certainly going to make Cristobal's job a little harder in recruiting in SoCal. Plus, it sounds like UW is going after Kalen DeBoer, who'd be another solid hire for the conference.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I figured USC would land a good coach, we’re about to find out what Mario is really made out of, especially if Washington gets a good coach.
We are also about to find out what Riley is made of. He was handed an established program when he took over Oklahoma. He hasn't exactly had to rebuild a program before. I'm sure he will be an improvement over Helton but I don't think it is a guarantee that he will be a savior at USC. I also don't see much of a reason to believe that Washington will land a good coach. I think they got extremely lucky with Peterson and wouldn't bet on them replicating that anytime soon.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Riley and Deboer would be good for the P12 which would make things easier for us when we inevitably drop a game during the season.

The problem that most of us see in these moves is that each school has a QB for each of those HC's to work with. Mario HAS to get a QB Coach who can actually develop guys.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Duck07 wrote:Riley and Deboer would be good for the P12 which would make things easier for us when we inevitably drop a game during the season.

The problem that most of us see in these moves is that each school has a QB for each of those HC's to work with. Mario HAS to get a QB Coach who can actually develop guys.
Nate Costa is on staff as an analyst and I know he’s wanting an actual staff position, I wonder how he’d do as the QB coach.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Riley and Deboer would be good for the P12 which would make things easier for us when we inevitably drop a game during the season.

Nate Costa is on staff as an analyst and I know he’s wanting an actual staff position, I wonder how he’d do as the QB coach.
Does McClendon call plays under that scenario?
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Really hoping OU takes DeBoer and leaves UW holding a crap sandwich