Making a trip to Eugene!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckpoint
Three Star Recruit

Re: Making a trip to Eugene!

Post by duckpoint »

For tailgating I would recommend crashing/tailgate hopping.

Basic etiquette I follow doing this is to be self contained as far as beverages and snacks with a little extra or something special to share (a bottle of cinnamon schnapps might be my go to in the cooler weather). The objective is to crash the experience & camaraderie, not to mooch stuff.

Just wander the parking lot and if it doesn't happen organically, then try approaching a group that matches your energy and just ask for an extra solo cup or the like as an opener, offer some schnapps as an ice breaker and in the ensuing small talk, let it slip that you are a college football fan from out of state who came for the Autzen Stadium Experience. Most folks will go out of their way to be welcoming!

Hang there as long as it's comfortable or wander off to experience more.

Good luck! Go Ducks!
paduck
One Star Recruit

Re: Making a trip to Eugene!

Post by paduck »

Piggy-backing off this thread since my wife and I will be in Eugene for the first time that weekend as well. I’m a lifelong Duck fan and long-time lurker on this site. I know it doesn’t make sense, but this will be our first time to Autzen. We’re staying at a place near Heyward Field and plan to walk most of the time. I had a couple questions:

1) Random question, but do you guys know of anywhere that would be open Thanksgiving day? Even for takeout or grab and go beers?
2) Any must-hit breweries?

We’re arriving Thanksgiving and leaving Sunday afternoon. We want to experience as much as we can during the quick trip.