Oregon State @ #11 Oregon (Nov. 27, Sat 12:30 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OfaFeather
Two Star Recruit

Re: Oregon State @ #11 Oregon (Nov. 27, Sat 12:30 PM ESPN)

Post by OfaFeather »

droop10 wrote:
thatbpguy wrote:Game.

Bring on those m*****f****** Utes again.
Not optimistic about that game, especially if Sewell is out. LB depth is a wreck. Now if McKinley is out first half, plus Wright. I don’t see them stopping Utes offense.

Edit: thank goodness it was overturned. Announcers incensed for whatever reason.
I think you are right on that feeling, I don’t see roses for the ducks if they play this way against Utah.
OfaFeather
Two Star Recruit

Post by OfaFeather »

But a win is win, and over OSU is sweet. The penalties would be good to address.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

whosyourwally wrote:Which Oregon Dlineman got hurt on the beavers’ last TD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looked like Popo. Not good.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

I thought replay got it right, Mckinnley hit facemask to the shoulder. Not targeting.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

That might be the most cordial post-game handshake Mario has had this season. Interesting.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

D played soft and gave up three tds in the fourth quarter. That is not okay. Sure we had injuries and KT was held every damned play but...
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

You all really think UU can get up for the game again? We win by 10. Our OL won’t play that bad again, and that is why we lost. The OL played like dog crap in SLC.
Last edited by buckmarkduck on Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

Why did we have our starters out there up three scores late in the 4th? If Popo got seriously hurt, that’s on the coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OfaFeather
Two Star Recruit

Post by OfaFeather »

The upside for next year on offense is huge, with all the wr talent getting game experience…if they can add a consistent qb with a deep ball threat, this team will be dangerous in 2022.
OfaFeather
Two Star Recruit

Post by OfaFeather »

buckmarkduck wrote:You all really think UU can get up for the game again? We win by 10. Our OL won’t play that bad again, and that is why we lost. The OL played like dog crap in SLC.
I have to respectfully disagree, Oregon lost on all phases of the game in SLC…the offensive line may play better, but defense will need to show up, and the special teams need a lot of improvement. If all those are fixed then yes, but from seeing the play tonight, I see the Alamo Bowl in the future. Still a good bowl, just not the roses, but a win there could also be big. More money for athletics and boost recruiting.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

OfaFeather wrote:The upside for next year on offense is huge, with all the wr talent getting game experience…if they can add a consistent qb with a deep ball threat, this team will be dangerous in 2022.
Keep in mind, this coaching staff is terrified of young quarterbacks. Wouldn't surprise me at all if if they leave TT and Butter on the bench and look for another 5th year transfer qb.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

OfaFeather wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:You all really think UU can get up for the game again? We win by 10. Our OL won’t play that bad again, and that is why we lost. The OL played like dog crap in SLC.
I have to respectfully disagree, Oregon lost on all phases of the game in SLC…the offensive line may play better, but defense will need to show up, and the special teams need a lot of improvement. If all those are fixed then yes, but from seeing the play tonight, I see the Alamo Bowl in the future. Still a good bowl, just not the roses, but a win there could also be big. More money for athletics and boost recruiting.

I know for a fact Whitt spent two years getting ready for last week. He tried like crazy to schedule
UO the first game last year. He was obsessed with beating Mario. We played terribly but they also played way above their normal capability.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

QuackininBama wrote:
OfaFeather wrote:The upside for next year on offense is huge, with all the wr talent getting game experience…if they can add a consistent qb with a deep ball threat, this team will be dangerous in 2022.
Keep in mind, this coaching staff is terrified of young quarterbacks. Wouldn't surprise me at all if if they leave TT and Butter on the bench and look for another 5th year transfer qb.
I'd take Dillon Gabriel over anything on our roster right now.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

I’m usually more of an optimist than the usual poster here, but I think the defense not being able to stop the run and get off the field on 3rd down played just as big a role. This is the same thing that cropped up second half of this game once Sewell and Wright went out. Again, I’m prefacing it with if Sewell and Wright are out, I don’t like their chances, particularly Sewell. Their MLB have already been perilously thin, but has been helped by Sewell playing like a machine. If he’s out, it’s going to be an uphill battle.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »