Transfer Portal - '21-22

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Re: Transfer Portal - '21-22

Post by alxtw »

Is Donte's role at USC strictly just recruiting now? Is he still making the same fat paycheck even tho they took away his titles and coaching role?
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Is Donte's role at USC strictly just recruiting now? Is he still making the same fat paycheck even tho they took away his titles and coaching role?
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

alxtw wrote:Is Donte's role at USC strictly just recruiting now? Is he still making the same fat paycheck even tho they took away his titles and coaching role?
He's still coaching. The only thing taken away is that he is no longer the head coach. He still coaches DBs at least last I knew.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Dye has officially transferred to SC.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

No longer a fan of Dye, lame move by him to go to garbage USC.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

droop10 wrote:Dye has officially transferred to SC.
LOL! Another skill position player? You can’t make it up.
USC is funny.
hjpop
Four Star Recruit

Post by hjpop »

It's hard to say lame move or not. Mario's gone, Mastro's gone, he's likely got to learn a new playbook and it may mean less touches for him. Also, who knows what is being told to Dollars and McGee to get them to stay? Still not sure why Dye would be feeling he's on the outs considering his performance last year and likely position as RB1. Hm...
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

hjpop wrote:It's hard to say lame move or not. Mario's gone, Mastro's gone, he's likely got to learn a new playbook and it may mean less touches for him. Also, who knows what is being told to Dollars and McGee to get them to stay? Still not sure why Dye would be feeling he's on the outs considering his performance last year and likely position as RB1. Hm...
It’s freakin USC though…..
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

He's not a Duck anymore so I don't have to like the move to stay in conference by Dye.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon really needs to get Verdell to return and one of either 2022 RBs Jordan James or Andrew Paul.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

hjpop wrote:It's hard to say lame move or not. Mario's gone, Mastro's gone, he's likely got to learn a new playbook and it may mean less touches for him. Also, who knows what is being told to Dollars and McGee to get them to stay? Still not sure why Dye would be feeling he's on the outs considering his performance last year and likely position as RB1. Hm...
I believe he is from S. Cal, but. Many player have transferred through the years and none have really bothered me Dye cuts a bit deeper with me. I feel betrayed as a fan by him, he is royalty here, one of the best to come out of Oregon. Maybe CJ is coming back….still no excuse. Has the portal and NIL weakened “once a Duck always a Duck”.
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

Alan wrote:
I believe he is from S. Cal, but. Many player have transferred through the years and none have really bothered me Dye cuts a bit deeper with me. I feel betrayed as a fan by him, he is royalty here, one of the best to come out of Oregon. Maybe CJ is coming back….still no excuse. Has the portal and NIL weakened “once a Duck always a Duck”.
Not royalty any more.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Really feels like Oregon has lost most of their big stars/names/leaders besides Noah Sewell this off-season. Gone are KT, Wright, JJIII, Redd, Dye, Devon Williams, and McKinley.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

greenyellow wrote:Really feels like Oregon has lost most of their big stars/names/leaders besides Noah Sewell this off-season. Gone are KT, Wright, JJIII, Redd, Dye, Devon Williams, and McKinley.
Well, in all fairness Redd and JJIII used all their eligibility up. We knew KT was out after last year. Wright and Williams in all honesty could have used another year, but I get they wanted to give the NFL a shot. McKinley was also pretty certain to go. He had a good year and can't risk injury. Dye is a bit interesting. The only thing I can think is if he stayed possibly some of the younger guys would have jumped in the portal.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

lmduck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Really feels like Oregon has lost most of their big stars/names/leaders besides Noah Sewell this off-season. Gone are KT, Wright, JJIII, Redd, Dye, Devon Williams, and McKinley.
Well, in all fairness Redd and JJIII used all their eligibility up. We knew KT was out after last year. Wright and Williams in all honesty could have used another year, but I get they wanted to give the NFL a shot. McKinley was also pretty certain to go. He had a good year and can't risk injury. Dye is a bit interesting. The only thing I can think is if he stayed possibly some of the younger guys would have jumped in the portal.
I know this. Just feels like a whole new era is starting with how many young/unproven guys are going to be forced to step up now. Kinda of makes you wonder if knowing they were going to lose so many upperclassmen/contributors played a factor in MC leaving for Miami.