Transfer Portal - '21-22

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Transfer Portal - '21-22

Post by StevensTechU »

Mycah Pittman has officially hit the transfer portal. If there was a prop bet, I'd say it's USC versus the field on this one.

I'm very, very interested to see if Oregon goes after at a quarterback. Projecting a bit, Casey Thompson of Texas, Anthony Richardson of Florida, and Emory Jones of Florida could all be potential dual-threat QBs who hit the portal. I don't follow the FCS ranks well, but I wouldn't be surprised if there ends up being a guy at that level who wants to make the leap up, as well.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: Transfer Portal - '21-22

Post by GrandpaDuck »

I have the odds for Oregon picking up a transfer QB at over 50%
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

For starters, with the amount of open head coaching jobs open at the moment, I think it's pretty safe to assume we will have a new OC next year. Which means a pro style QB might be back on the table. It's hard to really make an accurate prediction on a QB without knowing who the OC is going to be.

With that in mind, Spencer Rattler is the obvious choice, right? Or does he already have a landing spot? He put up near Heisman level numbers in 2020. His 2021 season wasn't quite at that level (Oklahoma fans have been spoiled by great QB play), but he was still much better than AB. He's even reasonably athletic, just not a run first guy.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

wepto wrote:For starters, with the amount of open head coaching jobs open at the moment, I think it's pretty safe to assume we will have a new OC next year. Which means a pro style QB might be back on the table. It's hard to really make an accurate prediction on a QB without knowing who the OC is going to be.

With that in mind, Spencer Rattler is the obvious choice, right? Or does he already have a landing spot? He put up near Heisman level numbers in 2020. His 2021 season wasn't quite at that level (Oklahoma fans have been spoiled by great QB play), but he was still much better than AB. He's even reasonably athletic, just not a run first guy.
Not sure I am ready to bank on a new OC yet for next year.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

lmduck wrote:
wepto wrote:For starters, with the amount of open head coaching jobs open at the moment, I think it's pretty safe to assume we will have a new OC next year. Which means a pro style QB might be back on the table. It's hard to really make an accurate prediction on a QB without knowing who the OC is going to be.

Not sure I am ready to bank on a new OC yet for next year.
I think it is more likely that we end up with a new OC than it is that we end up with a transfer QB.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by HomeSickDuck »

Elias Ricks hit the portal today.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

I was talking to one of my Ohio State fan clients today and he said the Buckeyes are loaded with talent behind CJ Stroud that'll likely never see the field, and they have more coming in. He expects them to have 1-2 enter the transfer portal.

That said, I'd still prefer an experienced QB that fits our system.
John 3:36
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

My money is on a transfer QB
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

Alan wrote:My money is on a transfer QB
Me too, though Moorehead might be a candidate for the Penn State job if James Franklin were to leave. You just never know.
John 3:36
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

We don't need any quarterbacks.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

bellsduck wrote:We don't need any quarterbacks.
We need EVERY quarterbacks. :lol: :lol: :lol:
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

bellsduck wrote:We don't need any quarterbacks.
We don't have one playing for us now. :(
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

As much as I'd love for us to pick up an exceptional QB from the transfer portal, the Justin Fields and Jalen Hurts of the college football world are transferring to schools with dynamic offenses and coordinators. At this point in time, we've exhausted and killed off most of the carry-over effects and memories of the Chip Kelly hyper speed, innovative, and "cool" offense that recruits grew up watching.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

alxtw wrote:As much as I'd love for us to pick up an exceptional QB from the transfer portal, the Justin Fields and Jalen Hurts of the college football world are transferring to schools with dynamic offenses and coordinators. At this point in time, we've exhausted and killed off most of the carry-over effects and memories of the Chip Kelly hyper speed, innovative, and "cool" offense that recruits grew up watching.
I've waivered on this topic. Our offense looks pretty boring when it's run by AB but we are only seeing the 10 yard and under portion of our offense. There are plenty of open wide receivers that end up getting ignored or missed due to a sub par QB. I think that this offense could actually be pretty dynamic if we actually had a QB that could hit the guys that are getting open.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

James Franklin signed an extension at Penn State, as a Moorhead FYI.

With Miami, Florida, and LSU jobs still on the market let’s see what happens with Cristobal.

It will be interesting to see how the portal plays out in any case. Our roster is hamstrung with dead weight and young guys with potential but limited experience.

If a QB is available that’s better than what we have then you grab them. It’s a no brainer to me.