How Long For Mario?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Re: How Long For Mario?

Post by alxtw »

Duck07 wrote:
lmduck wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:MC frustrates me pretty often, and has obvious hang ups, but he also has some real tremendous qualities that I love in a HC. As long as we’re competitive and winning I think it’s ludicrous to think about firing him. The Chip-era Duck fans have to separate those years from the rest of Oregon football and realize those weren’t the mean, those were the absolute peak. The stars aligned for our program in so many ways, and holding current coaches and players to that standard isn’t fair.

Competing for the conference title and Rose Bowls most years puts us in a fairly elite category.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apparently conference titles and Rose Bowls are not enough for some here. Doom and gloom seem to be the modus operandi. Maybe listening to this will give some perspective:

https://twitter.com/kimlegg23/status/14 ... 97092?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah sure, when our team has Alabama's recent history I'll listen to that rant and think it applies here.

The P12 is such a garbage conference some feel it isn't better than some G5 conferences right now and rightfully so. Winning the P12 with multiple losses to P12 teams is not the mark of an elite program; its the mark of a good team in a garbage conference which is an honest assessment of our team and league.
How many "aights" did Saban say in that video :lol:

I think the P12 is one of the weakest conferences. But when you have parody in a weaker conference, it makes the conference look worst than it really is and teams are ranked lower. The opposite can be said about the Big Ten and SEC this year.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

Personally, I think MC is an excellent recruiter and a very good coach, one of the best in the country. I think we should try to lock him up with a long term contract asap - while we still can.

He may actually be the best coach in Oregon history. Unlike Chip, who took over with a roster full of good players from the Belotti era, MC took over after Helf and WT, and has done a great job every year since year two.

I think this team is 1-2 years away from a strong playoff run. If Cristobal can continue his recruiting genius, I'd expect us to be in the thick of things for many years to come afterwards.
John 3:36
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I'd be very wary of a long-term contract beyond what we already offer with the 1-year extension triggers. Maybe that Mel Tucker contract will be a great one, but right now, I think that's a massive gamble on MSU's part and I think we're financially smarter than that.