Pac-12 CG: #10 Oregon v #17 Utah (Dec. 3, Fri 5 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Pac-12 CG: #10 Oregon v #17 Utah (Dec. 3, Fri 5 PM ABC)

Post by greenyellow »

10-2 Oregon v 9-3 Utah
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Re: Pac-12 CG: #10 Oregon v #17 Utah (Dec. 3, Fri 5 PM ABC)

Post by Tray Dub »

Just like last time, we open as 3-point underdogs. Unlike last time, the early money appears to be on us.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

I hope it will be more competitive but I'm not optimistic.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Gotta feel pretty good about our chances. Utah had been looking to that game for two years; there’s no way they get up like that again, and there’s no way literally everything goes their way like it did in SLC. And our players will hopefully come out fired up.

From a scheme perspective they were all in and showed their hand for that game. We’ll adjust and should have the upper hand this time scheme wise. Should be a great game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Gotta feel pretty good about our chances. Utah had been looking to that game for two years; there’s no way they get up like that again, and there’s no way literally everything goes their way like it did in SLC. And our players will hopefully come out fired up.

From a scheme perspective they were all in and showed their hand for that game. We’ll adjust and should have the upper hand this time scheme wise. Should be a great game.

I agree with this. While I don't know if we are a better team, they may indeed just be better than us this year, however they had EVERYTHING go their way last week and I think the team was just shellshocked and in a blink of an eye it was 28-0. There is no way that happens again. Even looking at it statistically, its near impossible that happens twice in three weeks. I actually see us pulling this out late. Possibly a last second field goal.

Oregon 30
Utah 27
73duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 73duck »

> Utah had been looking to that game for two years; there’s no way they get up like that again

They won't "get up" for a shot at their first Rose Bowl?
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

73duck wrote:> Utah had been looking to that game for two years; there’s no way they get up like that again

Of course they’ll get up, but will it be to the level of two weeks ago? I doubt it. Few things motivate like revenge and that was the culmination of a two year revenge plan where they got us in a night game at home. And there’s an inevitable lackadaisy that comes with playing a team you just drubbed 2 weeks ago.

Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
73duck wrote:> Utah had been looking to that game for two years; there’s no way they get up like that again

Of course they’ll get up, but will it be to the level of two weeks ago? I doubt it. Few things motivate like revenge and that was the culmination of a two year revenge plan where they got us in a night game at home. And there’s an inevitable lackadaisy that comes with playing a team you just drubbed 2 weeks ago.

Agreed. That, and so many national prognosticators said there was no way UO would beat Utah twice. Now, the first attempt wasn’t a good show, but me thinks UO comes with Fire this time around. They just stuck the P12’s best rushing offense, do it again.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

QuackininBama wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:Gotta feel pretty good about our chances. Utah had been looking to that game for two years; there’s no way they get up like that again, and there’s no way literally everything goes their way like it did in SLC. And our players will hopefully come out fired up.

I agree with this. While I don't know if we are a better team, they may indeed just be better than us this year, however they had EVERYTHING go their way last week and I think the team was just shellshocked and in a blink of an eye it was 28-0. There is no way that happens again. Even looking at it statistically, its near impossible that happens twice in three weeks. I actually see us pulling this out late. Possibly a last second field goal.

Oregon 30
Utah 27
And despite everything, Oregon still put together two quality drives in the first half that were halted by self-inflicted wounds. That game could easily have been 14-14 at half.

duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Keys to a Ducks win… Oline needs to do their jobs, throw the ball earlier(pray Ab has some touch on his passes), don’t punt the ball inbounds.

My opinion Ducks win and play In the Rose Bowl.

Side note I thought The freshman wrs looked pretty good, as well as some punt returns
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

duckfan96 wrote:Keys to a Ducks win… Oline needs to do their jobs, throw the ball earlier(pray Ab has some touch on his passes), don’t punt the ball inbounds.

My opinion Ducks win and play In the Rose Bowl.

Side note I thought The freshman wrs looked pretty good, as well as some punt returns
A first time bowl meeting against Iowa in the Rose Bowl (yes I know we have already played the Hawkeyes before) would be better than a rematch of the 2010 Rose Bowl imo.

But since Iowa has a worse record than Ohio State we'll play the Suckeyes...
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Any word on Sewell and Wright?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Any word on Sewell and Wright?
Them and DJ Johnson will be playing this Friday.