Moorhead to Akron?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lmduck

Re: Moorhead to Akron?

Post by lmduck »

Did not hear Mario's presser today but was he asked about this?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

lmduck wrote:Did not hear Mario's presser today but was he asked about this?
He was.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I know for a fact Helf will never return to Oregon.
I don’t doubt it, but I’m curious how you know. Did Helf say it or is someone in the AD saying they’d never bring him back?
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:I know for a fact Helf will never return to Oregon.
I don’t doubt it, but I’m curious how you know. Did Helf say it or is someone in the AD saying they’d never bring him back?
Helf said it, I actually overheard him in a personal conversation with someone shortly after he was hired by Chicago when I happen to be nearby. I totally eavesdropped when I was able to hear what was being said. Basically he loved being Chip’s OC but hated coaching, he especially hated the culture at UofO and how it demands winning now rather than enjoying the team. He also didn’t enjoy coaching young kids and didn’t realize how big their attitudes were until he was their head coach. I’d be shocked if Helf takes a job as a college head coach again but could see him being an OC again somewhere, just not Oregon.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

he especially hated the culture at UofO and how it demands winning now rather than enjoying the team. He also didn’t enjoy coaching young kids and didn’t realize how big their attitudes were until he was their head coach.

Yikes. Guess it's pretty clear why he is not coaching at this time. He was upset because they demanded winning instead of enjoying the team????? What does enjying the team mean???? (rhetorical question for sure)

So I guess he found out what attitudes were like when he got to the NFL.

I personally liked MH but never felt he was a good hire for UO as a HEAD COACH.
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

he especially hated the culture at UofO and how it demands winning now rather than enjoying the team
lmao, this is so in-line with everything I have heard about Helfrich. Makes complete sense why he was such a s*** head coach.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

There seems to be some pretty strong indicators that JoMo will be leaving for Akron. Question is, will he stay on board till after the bowl game. Arroyo did.

Bruce Feldman is reporting it and he typically does not let the cat out of the bag unless he is pretty confident in what his sources are tellling him. And just to clarify, he does have some sources inside Oregon athletics.
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by HomeSickDuck »

lmduck wrote:There seems to be some pretty strong indicators that JoMo will be leaving for Akron. Question is, will he stay on board till after the bowl game. Arroyo did.

Bruce Feldman is reporting it and he typically does not let the cat out of the bag unless he is pretty confident in what his sources are tellling him. And just to clarify, he does have some sources inside Oregon athletics.
What I read is they will make it official after the Pac-12 title game. Which would likely mean he would not be here for the bowl game. We all know how that worked at Stanford.
webfoots2001
Two Star Recruit

Post by webfoots2001 »

Replacement candidates? I would think Tom Herman would like to get back into coordinating after working as an analyst for the Bears this year.

Dan Mullen just got fired from Florida, not sure if he would want to leave the SEC/southwest although he had a short stint at Utah with Urban Meyer.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

webfoots2001 wrote:Replacement candidates? I would think Tom Herman would like to get back into coordinating after working as an analyst for the Bears this year.

Dan Mullen just got fired from Florida, not sure if he would want to leave the SEC/southwest although he had a short stint at Utah with Urban Meyer.
Top qualities need to be QB Development and Play-Calling followed by Scheming and Recruiting.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

What is the hurry to leave before the bowl game?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

rockthief wrote:What is the hurry to leave before the bowl game?
Recruiting and a potential for apathy at your old school.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

If Moorhead leaves I won’t be upset. He’s great, just not a fit for where Oregon is trying to be, an elite team.

I hope whoever Mario replaces him with is a more QB/passing oriented coach. I know Mario is obsessed with the run game but without a really good passing game Oregon will never get close to winning a national championship.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I hope whoever Mario replaces him with is a more QB/passing oriented coach. I know Mario is obsessed with the run game but without a really good passing game Oregon will never get close to winning a national championship.
Agree. And we don't need a Mariota or Herbert to have a killer passing attack. We just need someone who can throw like a Masoli/DT and we'll light it up with this crop or receivers.

I refuse to believe that not one QB on our roster is capable of this.

But hey, if we can bring in someone who will be ready to hit the ground running next year, then why not.
Willie Taggart is a dick.