Moorhead to Akron?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Re: Moorhead to Akron?

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Duck07 wrote:
The WR coach from Pitt? Seriously??? Are these guys personal friends or something?
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
The WR coach from Pitt? Seriously??? Are these guys personal friends or something?
Some stories out there he's a finalist for Temple HC job.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
The guy at Pitt is someone a lot of people would be very happy with. He is considered a ‘rising star’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

lmduck wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
The guy at Pitt is someone a lot of people would be very happy with. He is considered a ‘rising star’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How? What has he done? Not trying to be a contrarian. I’m honestly curious.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Mario hasn't hired a coordinator at Oregon who didn't have previous coordinator experience. I don't see it happening this time either.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

GrandpaDuck wrote:Mario hasn't hired a coordinator at Oregon who didn't have previous coordinator experience. I don't see it happening this time either.
He's definitely not going to be hiring anyone completely new to being an OC. Almost every name that's been thrown out there so far has been an OC at some level in their coaching careers.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Conzano was talking about bring Tommy Rees in from Norte Dame. He refused to follow Kelly to LSU and in the same statement said he will be with the Irish until after the bowl game. Ex Irish QB who is 29 and on his way up it seems, just another name,thrown in the mix.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

Alan wrote:Conzano was talking about bring Tommy Rees in from Norte Dame. He refused to follow Kelly to LSU and in the same statement said he will be with the Irish until after the bowl game. Ex Irish QB who is 29 and on his way up it seems, just another name,thrown in the mix.
He is staying at ND. They will promote the DC to HC and tommy to assistant HC will OC responsibilities.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

You know what, Mario should go after Pep Hamilton and get Rob to pay him what he wants/needs.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Duck07 wrote:You know what, Mario should go after Pep Hamilton and get Rob to pay him what he wants/needs.
Pep's kid is a HS FR this year. Every reason to think Pep would get back into College and he could even play OC for a few years before he took over a major program and brought his son along. Or maybe Mario leaves and Pep becomes our 1st call.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

UofO8 wrote:
he especially hated the culture at UofO and how it demands winning now rather than enjoying the team
lmao, this is so in-line with everything I have heard about Helfrich. Makes complete sense why he was such a s*** head coach.

Find me a power 5 school that doesn’t want to win now? Sounds like his old school would have been more his speed.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

pdxduck2013 wrote:Looks like it is official now:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ball-coach
Really makes you think he shouldn't have even bothered coaching this week. Just have given Mastro the keys already.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

So he bails on his team before the bowl game. He HAS to be more classy than that.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

rockthief wrote:So he bails on his team before the bowl game. He HAS to be more classy than that.
As an aside, I hate the use of the word "class" when people tend to mean "dignity."

Class represents wealth, it does not represent a persons dignity, which is often what they mean to say.

While we all knew this was going to happen, it also makes me feel like just leaving last week was the way to do it. Leaving this morning after that garbage performance last night simply feels sour and for the kids in the locker room that doesn't feel as honest as having left last week.