Oklahoma or Ohio State: Who would you rather play?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Oklahoma or Ohio State: Who would you rather play?

Post by DuckzRule »

The Pac-12 championship is in a few days and if we can win we'll go to Pasadena to face (very probably) Ohio State again, bringing a rematch of both the 2010 Rose Bowl and this season's game, but here's the thing, if we lose to Utah we'll go to the Alamo Bowl, and since Oklahoma State is likely to go to the playoffs we'll face their rival Oklahoma since Baylor (OkSU's opponent in the Big 12 CCG) will very probably go to the Sugar Bowl.

So I have a question, which team would you wanna see Oregon playing in the postseason?
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Oklahoma or Ohio State: Who would you rather play?

Post by StevensTechU »

Oklahoma. Just don't really get excited about playing the same team twice (again).
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Oklahoma!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

There is a possibility we'd be playing our Bowl game without Moorhead so I think Oklahoma would also present a better path to winning.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I’m not sure what matters more, what bowl the ducks win or who they beat. I think to a certain extent it’s who you beat, and beating Ohio St and Oklahoma in the same season could certainly help with national perception, though only winning the Alamo Bowl won’t impress anyone, but does winning the Rose Bowl matter that much more? I would say Oklahoma would do more even though they’re a mess right now, they’re still Oklahoma and being able to say you beat Ohio St and Oklahoma in the same season would be way better than saying you beat Ohio St early in the season but lost to them in a bowl game.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I’m not sure what matters more, what bowl the ducks win or who they beat. I think to a certain extent it’s who you beat, and beating Ohio St and Oklahoma in the same season could certainly help with national perception, though only winning the Alamo Bowl won’t impress anyone, but does winning the Rose Bowl matter that much more? I would say Oklahoma would do more even though they’re a mess right now, they’re still Oklahoma and being able to say you beat Ohio St and Oklahoma in the same season would be way better than saying you beat Ohio St early in the season but lost to them in a bowl game.
It's obviously better to be P12 champs and win the Rose Bowl.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

I now hope Ohio State beats the ever living s*** out of Utah while we can be competitive against Oklahoma
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

DuckzRule wrote:I now hope Ohio State beats the ever living s*** out of Utah while we can be competitive against Oklahoma
I don't. After everything Utah has been through, I'd much rather see them have this success than freaking ohio state.

It's quite poetic that Utah is playing in the '22 Rose Bowl.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Duck07 wrote:
DuckzRule wrote:I now hope Ohio State beats the ever living s*** out of Utah while we can be competitive against Oklahoma
I don't. After everything Utah has been through, I'd much rather see them have this success than freaking ohio state.

It's quite poetic that Utah is playing in the '22 Rose Bowl.
Looking at it back now, I now agree with you, Utah being in the Rose Bowl looks interesting and I hope Ohio State gets exposed 3 times this season, I was just a bit mad by our loss