Miami actively trying to hire Mario? Edit: MC is Miami's HC

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: Miami actively trying to hire Mario? Edit: MC is Miami's

Post by Duck07 »

Screw that McMurphy tweet if hes just going to quietly reference the person with the actual scoop. He should be re-tweeting the original
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Now I can’t help but wonder how sick his mom really is…
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

F*ck it, Make Feld the coach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Don't have time to search for a link, but heard on the radio of a news report that Cristobal basically accepted the Miami job in the middle of last week... told The U he intended to leave Oregon and take their job.

Hopefully our next coach can coach.

Also, bright side: Goodbye, pistol!
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Bigwaved
Four Star Recruit

Post by Bigwaved »

He is on par with the snake he replaced. Hopefully, he suffers the same fate in the end for karma’s sake. Your word should mean something to you.
frogsnouts
Three Star Recruit

Post by frogsnouts »

So if it's true that he was talking of leaving when we were 9-1, 3 games from a playoff appearance, there was probably nothing that could be done to keep him around and he was gone the second they called whether he knew it or not.

Taggart felt like a snake doing what he did best, this just makes me feel like Cristobal is an idiot. He's walking away from $8 million/10, far better facilities, a stable AD and a very strong chance at a playoff team the next few years if he could just find a QB and stay out of his own way...

I'd expect his career to basically go on the same trajectory as Taggarts at FSU as well, but I guess we shall see.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Now I can’t help but wonder how sick his mom really is…
I don't think that is it at all really based on timelines as his Mom wasn't sick a month ago apparently. There was a good tweet from someone who brought up how terrible this process was and that made it clear that this might be the last time Cristobal had a chance at the Miami job or else they were going to blame him for the image of how it all went down.

With the report that he was in contract talks prior to the 1st Utah game means that this "mess" was actually created by Cristobal and that had they blamed him, they wouldn't have really been in the wrong to do so because he had taken almost a month to decide. This knowledge is also going to piss off a lot of the current players and every recruit he talked to because he was supposed to be their HC at the time in addition to recruiting for Oregon.

He tried to keep a better public image than Willie once he was contacted, but the length of this "dance" has me pissed off at Mario now and I can only imagine how the alumni who matter feel about those details.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

frogsnouts wrote:So if it's true that he was talking of leaving when we were 9-1, 3 games from a playoff appearance, there was probably nothing that could be done to keep him around and he was gone the second they called whether he knew it or not.

Taggart felt like a snake doing what he did best, this just makes me feel like Cristobal is an idiot. He's walking away from $8 million/10, far better facilities, a stable AD and a very strong chance at a playoff team the next few years if he could just find a QB and stay out of his own way...

I'd expect his career to basically go on the same trajectory as Taggarts at FSU as well, but I guess we shall see.
Yeah I think Mario will seriously regret this. He’s a great head man but me needs a lot of the structure and support a place like Oregon provides to overcome his deficiencies and be successful. He won’t have that at Miami and it’s going to show.

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

chapelhillduck wrote:F*ck it, Make Feld the coach

That dude is gone along with a few other of Mario's staffers.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2021/1 ... GWHZmfoq38

Yes another scummy move by an Oregon coach. Build something for four years and bail out. My wife said, "Wait, he is leaving now before the bowl game?". How many recruits will renege? How many players will leave?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

The reports coming out about how long he's been flirting with Miami are going to make a lot of people angry. It's not as slimy as what Taggart did (flying on booster's private jet recruiting while not even wearing Oregon gear) but it's pretty dang close.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:The reports coming out about how long he's been flirting with Miami are going to make a lot of people angry. It's not as slimy as what Taggart did (flying on booster's private jet recruiting while not even wearing Oregon gear) but it's pretty dang close.
The length of this is what has me feeling pissed. Taggart's didn't have a long timeline-FSU approached and he saw the pretty girl he had feelings for and left and bumbled his way through it.

Mario on the other hand has used every coaching opportunity to extract more money out of the Alumni/AD for him and his coaches and then took a month to make up his mind about his alma mater. You can argue the secrecy of it, but I think the players are going to see the month of indecision and feel that is what pisses them off the most as they question everything that was said to them during those weeks.

It was one thing when everyone assumed it was merely happening in roughly the last week, now to know it was much longer, that's a snake.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

He and Moorhead were not invested in the last games. No wonder the team crapped out. Man, have some character and class! Does he believe he can do anythning at Miami? That is not going to happen.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Yeah it makes sense now why they kept rolling out Brown and an obvious losing game plan at the end of the year. Those games were of no consequence to them or their status/futures as coaches.

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Yeah it makes sense now why they kept rolling out Brown and an obvious losing game plan at the end of the year. Those games were of no consequence to them or their status/futures as coaches.

Mario may have used Brown as a scapegoat for when he goes to Miami, I feel bad for Brown.