Should we bring the Hammer to MC?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: Should we bring the Hammer to MC?

Post by Duck07 »

northbeachsf wrote:
How do you know any of that? Who says he would leave after 2 years? He is back on the west coast and would have the resources to win a championship
I remember years ago when he was going through another one of his musical chair coaching games when he ended up at FIU but I think there were better jobs available but not in Florida and his spouse was brought up as a reason. This was also the apparent reason for Gruden not ending up on Chip's staff for a year.

As far as the gone in 2 years comment, yeah, I think based on his history and our status as a program that Lane doesn't view Oregon as a landing spot but a stepping stone.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

I know I’m in the minority here, but I’d make a run at Leach. Dude has swagger.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UofDuck wrote:I know I’m in the minority here, but I’d make a run at Leach. Dude has swagger.
But he's batsh*t crazy and not the best fit in Eugene.
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

I would think someone would still try for Chris Peterson.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

greenyellow wrote:
UofDuck wrote:I know I’m in the minority here, but I’d make a run at Leach. Dude has swagger.
You beat me to it. There is something seriously mentally off with the guy. I would stop watching Duck football if we ever hired him.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

greenyellow wrote:
But he's batsh*t crazy and would fit right in in Eugene.
Fixed
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Crazy and genius are a hair apart. Dude beat 4 top 25 teams this year from Mississippi State - a door mat program. By the way, I like his quirkiness. And his brand of ball is exciting. Give him our tools and their would be fireworks again in Autzen.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I also like Mike Leach, but I'd be shocked if he came to Eugene. I think he went to the South for a reason.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Phalanx wrote:I also like Mike Leach, but I'd be shocked if he came to Eugene. I think he went to the South for a reason.
After Taggart left he really wanted the UofO job and reached out and tried hard for it, however Mullens felt like he’s not a good culture fit for the UofO so they interviewed him to appease him and disregarded him after that. Leach will never be our coach and it’s not due to his football acumen.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

greenyellow wrote:

Half the people in Eugene are bat@&$& crazy.

But I do know Harsin really wanted the job also.
Last edited by buckmarkduck on Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

No thanks to Leach. He is entertaining, but he is also a sideshow. Hard pass.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

1. Leach agreed to terms with Washington State on November 30, 2011 and began coaching for the 2012 season.

2. Leach's first season in Pullman was a controversial one. Washington State was 3–9 overall and 1–8 in Pac-12 play; the lone wins were against FCS Eastern Washington, UNLV, and an upset of rival Washington in the Apple Cup in Pullman. On November 10, more allegations of player abuse erupted when star wide receiver Marquess Wilson quit the team citing "physical, emotional and verbal abuse" by the coaching staff

3. Leach led WSU to a 6–6 regular season in 2013 that had them bowl eligible for the first time in a decade. They were led on offense by Connor Halliday, who set school and conference records for passing. The Cougars defeated USC, California, Arizona, and Utah for a 4–5 conference record. Invited to the New Mexico Bowl in Albuquerque, Wazzu led most of the game, but lost 48–45 to the Colorado State Rams.

4. The 2014 season saw the Cougars regress to a 3–9 record.

5. n 2015, despite a season-opening loss to FCS school Portland State, the Cougars had their breakthrough season of the Leach era with a 9–4 record, 6–3 in the Pac-12. The Cougars were invited to the Sun Bowl

6. WSU began the 2016 season with two losses, but rallied off eight consecutive wins before dropping their final two games. The success of their season, led by Luke Falk at quarterback, landed them in the Holiday Bowl in San Diego where they lost 17–12 to Minnesota

7. Washington State was 6–3 in the Pac-12 in 2017. They were again invited to the Holiday Bowl where they lost 42–17 to Michigan State

8. The 10–2 Cougars were invited to the Alamo Bowl in San Antonio to play the Iowa State Cyclones of the Big 12.

9. Leach led Washington State to a 6–7 record in 2019. Notably, Leach and the Cougars lost to unranked UCLA while ranked #19 going into the game. WSU ended the regular season with Leach's 7th consecutive Apple Cup loss.

If this sounds exciting to anyone I encourage you to follow Mississippi State!!!!
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

QuackininBama wrote:1. Leach agreed to terms with Washington State on November 30, 2011 and began coaching for the 2012 season.

2. Leach's first season in Pullman was a controversial one. Washington State was 3–9 overall and 1–8 in Pac-12 play; the lone wins were against FCS Eastern Washington, UNLV, and an upset of rival Washington in the Apple Cup in Pullman. On November 10, more allegations of player abuse erupted when star wide receiver Marquess Wilson quit the team citing "physical, emotional and verbal abuse" by the coaching staff

3. Leach led WSU to a 6–6 regular season in 2013 that had them bowl eligible for the first time in a decade. They were led on offense by Connor Halliday, who set school and conference records for passing. The Cougars defeated USC, California, Arizona, and Utah for a 4–5 conference record. Invited to the New Mexico Bowl in Albuquerque, Wazzu led most of the game, but lost 48–45 to the Colorado State Rams.

4. The 2014 season saw the Cougars regress to a 3–9 record.

5. n 2015, despite a season-opening loss to FCS school Portland State, the Cougars had their breakthrough season of the Leach era with a 9–4 record, 6–3 in the Pac-12. The Cougars were invited to the Sun Bowl

6. WSU began the 2016 season with two losses, but rallied off eight consecutive wins before dropping their final two games. The success of their season, led by Luke Falk at quarterback, landed them in the Holiday Bowl in San Diego where they lost 17–12 to Minnesota

7. Washington State was 6–3 in the Pac-12 in 2017. They were again invited to the Holiday Bowl where they lost 42–17 to Michigan State

8. The 10–2 Cougars were invited to the Alamo Bowl in San Antonio to play the Iowa State Cyclones of the Big 12.

9. Leach led Washington State to a 6–7 record in 2019. Notably, Leach and the Cougars lost to unranked UCLA while ranked #19 going into the game. WSU ended the regular season with Leach's 7th consecutive Apple Cup loss.

If this sounds exciting to anyone I encourage you to follow Mississippi State!!!!
And what was Oregon’s record head to head against him? Also, success at Pullman and Starkville can’t be compared to other schools in their conferences. They are severally disadvantaged
duck92
Two Star Recruit

Post by duck92 »

All of our coaches have to be vaxxed, correct? That will eliminate some candidates. Not trying to start a debate about whether that is right or wrong. I'm fully vaxxed.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

We’re in limbo.

I think you guys know what I mean. We know Cristobal’s shortcomings and we know his strengths.

Cristobal is 14-6 without Herbert, 21-6 when he had Herbert. I’m not including the Vegas interim bowl. If we include Taggart’s season then Herbert was 27-7 as a starter over his last three years (6-1, 9-4,12-2).