So psychoanalyze me as a fan

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

wlduck
Sophomore

Re: So psychoanalyze me as a fan

Post by wlduck »

GrandpaDuck wrote:This year we finished the regular season 10-2.
We had one of the best non-conference wins ever.
We beat Washington and Oregon State and WSU

So what's wrong with my fandom this year?
-The halftime score was spoiled to me, so I checked the final score later and deleted the game off my dvr. First Duck game I haven't watched in years, decades, win or lose.
-For years I have watched almost every game multiple times, this year I have watched only a few recorded replays.
-I would prefer Mario stay, but if he left I would probably feel more interested than sad.
-I think I would prefer watching a less talented team lose more games but play at or above its talent level, but I may be wrong about that in actual practice.

So what's the analysis and is anyone else afflicted with this fandom malaise?

(Sure wish the BB programs were playing better right now.)
Wow, so much of what you wrote applies to me. I didn’t want Mario to leave, but I’m genuinely curious and cautiously optimistic that I’ll be more engaged with season next year.
Xenocide23
High School Drop Out

Post by Xenocide23 »

I agree completely with this post. This season was incredibly painful to watch and I was close to swearing off Duck football for good if something didn't change. Watching this team that is supposedly loaded with talent play down to their competition every week was infuriating. It felt like most position groups failed to improve as the season went on or regressed which indicated that whatever coaching was being done was ineffective at best or actively detrimental at worst. I don't know what the future holds for Oregon football but I won't miss Cristobal.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

My favorite UFC fighter defended her title not that long ago and she inspires me to be loyal to my other favorite athletes such as my LA Ram's, Indiana Pacers and Seattle Mariners. However no team tortures me like the Duck's do.