Next Duck Coach: DAN LANNING

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: Next Duck Coach

Post by Duck07 »

droop10 wrote:
punizhr02 wrote:
lmduck wrote:Not so fast on Brady and already rumors Mario is after him at Miami. He is a south Florida guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So you think he'd take a OC job at a dead program over HC at a top 15 program with more money?
What has Brady done to warrant even consideration at HC?
I think we're mostly all talking about him in OC terms of which I'm happy with him in that spot.

He and Aranda have a working relationship already and if Brady wants a HC gig, we all know that Oregon coaches get promoted with a modicum of success.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

Duck07 wrote:
droop10 wrote:
punizhr02 wrote:
lmduck wrote:Not so fast on Brady and already rumors Mario is after him at Miami. He is a south Florida guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So you think he'd take a OC job at a dead program over HC at a top 15 program with more money?
What has Brady done to warrant even consideration at HC?
I think we're mostly all talking about him in OC terms of which I'm happy with him in that spot.

He and Aranda have a working relationship already and if Brady wants a HC gig, we all know that Oregon coaches get promoted with a modicum of success.
I'm still wanting to promote Deruyter to HC if that Oregon doesn't have any good options based on 1 year. So you are right Brady would be promoted quickly if he has decent success.
thatbpguy
Four Star Recruit

Post by thatbpguy »

Chip, Chip, Chip, Chip, Chip, Chip, Chip.......
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

I am very, very glad that most of you guys aren’t our AD. :lol:
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Florence (high4* CB recruit) was live, and said he is still committed as is TMac. He doesn’t know what coach he wants, but knows he doesn’t want Chip.

Anyone wanting Chip, must not want any SoCal recruits.
Last edited by buckmarkduck on Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

thatbpguy wrote:Chip, Chip, Chip, Chip, Chip, Chip, Chip.......
would be terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible
Anyone wanting Chip, must not want any SoCal recruits.
Or just good recruiting in general...or good coaching at this point in his career
Last edited by UofO8 on Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Chiiiiip!
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:Chiiiiip!
Holy s*** am I glad Oregon fans have zero say in the coaching search lmao. The amount of people I have seen yelling for Chip to come back is fucking baffling. It's like they have ignored UCLA football for the last 4 years
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:I am very, very glad that most of you guys aren’t our AD. :lol:
Willie Taggert was the worst hire in the history of coaches hired. The AD isn't off the hook for that and the fact that you defended the AD for no reason sort of tells me you are one of the ones that wanted Taggert.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

UofO8 wrote:
Holy s*** am I glad Oregon fans have zero say in the coaching search lmao. The amount of people I have seen yelling for Chip to come back is fucking baffling. It's like they have ignored UCLA football for the last 4 years
I didn't ignore UCLA beating LSU which is something Oregon couldn't do. I'm also not ignoring the fact UCLA almost beat Oregon this year.
webfoots2001
Two Star Recruit

Next Duck Coach

Post by webfoots2001 »

duck023 wrote:
UofO8 wrote:
I didn't ignore UCLA beating LSU which is something Oregon couldn't do. I'm also not ignoring the fact UCLA almost beat Oregon this year.
Come on dude. LSU was 6-6 this year. They were 13-1 in the season they beat Oregon. Stop acting like Ucla beating them at home is a big deal.
Last edited by webfoots2001 on Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

duck023 wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:I am very, very glad that most of you guys aren’t our AD. :lol:
Willie Taggert was the worst hire in the history of coaches hired. The AD isn't off the hook for that and the fact that you defended the AD for no reason sort of tells me you are one of the ones that wanted Taggert.
Holy hell get off of that already. Look at the entirety of hires that Rob Mullens has made, hes legitimately one of the Top ADs in the country and worth an extension. He also isn't going to hire someone that Uncle Phil doesn't sign off on for football either.
jBeavertonduck
Two Star Recruit

Post by jBeavertonduck »

Any news on if Chris Peterson would be interested?
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Honestly, chip wasn't that great of a coach besides the revolutionary style of play. He was stubborn in some of the same ways that MC was.

But bringing him in as coach would be pretty exciting,
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

jBeavertonduck wrote:Any news on if Chris Peterson would be interested?
Nothing that I've seen reported, only as a name thrown out as a possibility like we've been doing.

At best his interest would only be as a stop-gap coach and that doesn't seem appealing based on what Rob discussed as what they are looking for in a HC.