Alamo Bowl: #14 Oregon v #16 Oklahoma (Dec. 29 5:15 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Re: Alamo Bowl: #14 Oregon v #16 Oklahoma (Dec. 29 5:15 PM E

Post by whosyourwally »

Man…. If OU’s starting center would have gotten abducted by aliens at halftime and their back-up came down with a life-threatening case of the yips, we totally would have won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

whosyourwally wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Brown has had 3 deep ball touchdowns in one half, not going to anoint him as a good QB but this is proof to me Mario and the coaching staff was to blame, not him.
I’m interested in hearing some opposing takes, but I’m leaning this way. We just didn’t even try these throws all year.

Alot of blame on mario and staff. But if this happen in the first half when the game was relatively close and still a fight, it would 100% be Mario's fault. However, I think why AB has had so many successful openings deep is the Oklahoma defense has let their foot off the gas.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I know people love to hate Brown but I’ve said for the second half of the season the issue was marIo, even started a poll about it.

After what Mario did to Herbert and seeing Brown making throws this half he hasn’t made all season, I don’t see how it could be anything other than Mario hurting QB’s. Brown is not amazing by any means but he was Mario’s scapegoat, if Brown had a real coach I wonder what could’ve been.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

alxtw wrote:
whosyourwally wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Brown has had 3 deep ball touchdowns in one half, not going to anoint him as a good QB but this is proof to me Mario and the coaching staff was to blame, not him.
I’m interested in hearing some opposing takes, but I’m leaning this way. We just didn’t even try these throws all year.

Alot of blame on mario and staff. But if this happen in the first half when the game was relatively close and still a fight, it would 100% be Mario's fault. However, I think why AB has had so many successful openings deep is the Oklahoma defense has let their foot off the gas.
Eh, maybe but Brown is still making the throws on the money. I don’t think Brown is amazing and the first half he struggled but I believe Mario makes QB’s look worse than they are, look how bad he made Herbert look.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

woundedknees wrote:What a condemnation of the play calling under CMC... These young receivers are growing up before our eyes!

Something to look forward to for the new coaches.
Yeah, Miami receiver recruits may want to see what they have to look forward to with MC. Block, still don’t get the rock.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

good luck Miami. hahaha!
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

Sooo can we have Moorhead back?

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon had every reason to roll over after halftime but they've continued to fight even while being undermanned. Have to imagine Lanning likes that in this team.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Everythingsducky wrote:
woundedknees wrote:What a condemnation of the play calling under CMC... These young receivers are growing up before our eyes!

Something to look forward to for the new coaches.
Yeah, Miami receiver recruits may want to see what they have to look forward to with MC. Block, still don’t get the rock.
Miami WR recruits won't be able to see that in as their bowl game got cancelled. It was amazing he sold tmac on committing to his block and no rock offense. Looks like Coleman will also be drinking that koolaid.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Snee!
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I have a feeling Oklahoma will run the clock out now, or maybe run up the score cause it’s Bob Stoops.

Sucks it took Oregon 30 minutes to play football but I’m glad they didn’t quit. The future is bright with this team. I’m excited for the WR group going forward and the great defensive coaching staff we’re gonna have.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

rockthief wrote:Snee!
I imagine a new ST coach would love seeing that!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

We ever hear what happened to Sewell?

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

This season has finally ended. Ready to move onto what the coaching staff will look like and what happens this off-season with regards to the transfer portal and recruiting.
OfaFeather
Two Star Recruit

Post by OfaFeather »

whosyourwally wrote:Sooo can we have Moorhead back?
I can’t tell, are you being serious or sarcastic, either way funny…something I have been saying to Miami fans, thanks for the $9M…remember no returns and no refunds. Same things for Akron…kinda…no returns.

I watched the PSU vs USC rose bowl. Besides having Barkley, they would have been throttled that game. I am glad Moorhead is getting a shot at head coaching again, but also glad he is leaving and we can try to get some new blood and enthusiasm.
Last edited by OfaFeather on Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.