Alamo Bowl: #14 Oregon v #16 Oklahoma (Dec. 29 5:15 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: Alamo Bowl: #14 Oregon v #16 Oklahoma (Dec. 29 5:15 PM E

Post by Duck07 »

Sounds like everyone that was available to play besides the backup QBs played last night.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:This was happening all night.
Ya the holdings weren’t called. To be fair though, they weren’t called both ways.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Duck07 wrote: Sounds like everyone that was available to play besides the backup QBs played last night.
When you sit down and wrap your head around the number of unavailable players it is a sobering thought. Props to the kids who showed up and balled out best they could though.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

QuackininBama wrote:
Duck07 wrote: Sounds like everyone that was available to play besides the backup QBs played last night.
When you sit down and wrap your head around the number of unavailable players it is a sobering thought. Props to the kids who showed up and balled out best they could though.
Totally agree.

With the team being so depleted and playing out of position, it looked at times like they had called it in (those two Utah blowouts so recent in memory played a part in my thought process there), but they were just out-matched and out-manned for the majority of the night and kept fighting.

It wasn't the result we were all hoping for, but they fought, which is all you could ask for.

On a semi-related note, at what point does it become unsafe for a team to play with so few players? Opt-outs, injuries, and transfers have sure added a new wrinkle to the bowl season.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

whosyourwally wrote:Man…. If OU’s starting center would have gotten abducted by aliens at halftime and their back-up came down with a life-threatening case of the yips, we totally would have won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
best post of the thread
pairadux
One Star Recruit

Post by pairadux »

I'm not gonna lie. When we were down 30-3 with nobody left on D to suit up, I kind of thought about when Coach Taylor pulled East Dillon off the field in their first game. The grass is greener part of me remembers they won state the following year.