Alamo Bowl: #14 Oregon v #16 Oklahoma (Dec. 29 5:15 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Everythingsducky
Senior

Re: Alamo Bowl: #14 Oregon v #16 Oklahoma (Dec. 29 5:15 PM E

Post by Everythingsducky »

Hopefully he rewards his receivers…with a QB that will get them the ball.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

That’s an interesting choice, but I like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

You guy's want to be cynical and snarky talking about all the transfers and lack of recruits then I'll one up all of you with this question. Is there any point in being a college football fan that isn't an Alabama fan or at least in the SEC? Alabama has like an 80% chance to win the championship every year while every team in the Pac 12 has less then a percent chance. It's like Alabama fans have to win a coin flip while every other fan has to win the lottery.
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

Duck07 wrote:
alxtw wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
mrpd21 wrote:Genuinely curious. Is ANYONE interested in and care about this game AT ALL? I'm sure once kickoff starts I'll be engaged but I am totally disinterested at the moment.
I think just about the entire fanbase isn't even worried about the bowl game now.
More worried about hiring a coach and staff and retaining and signing recruits than the bowl game.
Losing half a recruiting class won't be as big of a blow as losing up to 20 young transfers from within the program as has been alleged. Having open spaces after Spring Practices when another round of transfers across the Country happens could also mean we can target a few more upperclassmen to try and create more roster balance.
There will be transfers, but people talking about 20 are probably way overestimating how many scholarships are available at other schools. From what I’ve read there are already more names in the portal than there are landing spots around the country.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

OU will be without two of their top DL for the Alamo Bowl after they declared for the NFL Draft.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

If the best players are sitting out bowls that aren’t CFP bowls at what point are these bowls not worth it? Do the players want to play in this bowl if their coach and star players basically tell them it’s not worth it? Serious question.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:If the best players are sitting out bowls that aren’t CFP bowls at what point are these bowls not worth it? Do the players want to play in this bowl if their coach and star players basically tell them it’s not worth it? Serious question.
What I'm picking up is that bowl games are going to become about Seniors who like to play or aren't serious draft choices as well as all the kids who have a game left on their Redshift and a chance to give young players extra looks at the end of the year.

If we simply rotated and played everyone on the team that we could and the players all had fun and you could see it on the field, I could care less about the result and I'd feel good about their future. This game feels like a farewell nod to the Seniors (sans much AB, let's give him some goal-line packages how about for a final QB power TD?) and a chance to inspire players to come back. I want to see them enjoy this game more than anything though, not dread it.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Duck07 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:If the best players are sitting out bowls that aren’t CFP bowls at what point are these bowls not worth it? Do the players want to play in this bowl if their coach and star players basically tell them it’s not worth it? Serious question.
What I'm picking up is that bowl games are going to become about Seniors who like to play or aren't serious draft choices as well as all the kids who have a game left on their Redshift and a chance to give young players extra looks at the end of the year.

If we simply rotated and played everyone on the team that we could and the players all had fun and you could see it on the field, I could care less about the result and I'd feel good about their future. This game feels like a farewell nod to the Seniors (sans much AB, let's give him some goal-line packages how about for a final QB power TD?) and a chance to inspire players to come back. I want to see them enjoy this game more than anything though, not dread it.
That’s a good point, that perspective will make the bowl game more enjoyable for sure.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

An expanded playoff might chance that entire perspective by the players. But the college landscape has changed and just going to a bowl isn't enough, the kids want something to play for. A 12 team playoff might stop the bleeding.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

I honestly think an 8 team playoff makes more sense, but nobody asked me!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

thatbpguy
Four Star Recruit

Post by thatbpguy »

TT sitting out game. At this time, it appears AB will play. Maybe the new coach will allow Ty to play a half.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

I wonder if DeRuyter and Yates will coach or already be gone?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

thatbpguy wrote:TT sitting out game. At this time, it appears AB will play. Maybe the new coach will allow Ty to play a half.
Where did you hear that TT is sitting out this game? Or is this just speculation on your part? He can play in this game without burning his RS.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

thatbpguy wrote:TT sitting out game. At this time, it appears AB will play. Maybe the new coach will allow Ty to play a half.
TT?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Ty Thompson

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13