Cristobal is Gone. This is good thing because...

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Cristobal is Gone. This is good thing because...

Post by bigsugarduck »

...his ceiling is Les Miles (never going to win a championship because of stupid decisions, meddling, QB development).

The list is long. What else?
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
Duck07
All-American

Re: Cristobal is Gone. This is good thing because...

Post by Duck07 »

bigsugarduck wrote:...his ceiling is Les Miles (never going to win a championship because of stupid decisions, meddling, QB development).

LOL Les Miles went 1-1 in BCS National Championship games.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Mario Cristobal would’ve been another Clay Helton if he stayed at Oregon. Eventually recruits would’ve noticed his crap coaching and would go elsewhere. Les Miles is way above Cristobal.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Duck07 wrote:
bigsugarduck wrote:...his ceiling is Les Miles (never going to win a championship because of stupid decisions, meddling, QB development).

LOL Les Miles went 1-1 in BCS National Championship games.
OOPS :lol: Ah, there's the rub I guess. But he did flame out/burn out his fan base.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

bigsugarduck wrote:
OOPS :lol: Ah, there's the rub I guess. But he did flame out/burn out his fan base.
and then they hired another guy who wore out his welcome AFTER winning another NC.

We'd love to have had that success.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

How did Cristobal even end up at UO?
What did Ol’ Willy offer him that caused him to walk away from Bama for a similar position on the opposite side of the world? Mario, even through this, seems like he’s loyal and loves his guys, and wouldn’t just break from the Bama succession plan for a wild and uncertain ride in uncharted territory with a coach he didn’t know. Strange to look back on…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

whosyourwally wrote:How did Cristobal even end up at UO?
What did Ol’ Willy offer him that caused him to walk away from Bama for a similar position on the opposite side of the world? Mario, even through this, seems like he’s loyal and loves his guys, and wouldn’t just break from the Bama succession plan for a wild and uncertain ride in uncharted territory with a coach he didn’t know. Strange to look back on…

I want to say that Mario had been passed over for promotion at Bama and that part of his original title coming to Oregon was what Coach Joe has as the Asst HC title. He was full aware of the Oregon brand from afar and talked about the potential of the position etc. Willie wasn't a good HC or play-caller but he did build a great staff of individual coaches.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

whosyourwally wrote:How did Cristobal even end up at UO?

Mario got demoted at Alabama. From full O-line coach to coaching tackles and tight-ends. Willie offered him full O-line and Co-OC title.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

I already thoroughly discussed it in a post where I got slammed.

Good Luck Mario...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine