Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Mullens' Press Conference about Coaching Situation

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07
All-American

Re: Mullens' Press Conference about Coaching Situation

Post by Duck07 »

The notion that he was courting Miami with a current playoff team before the 1st Utah loss really sours me on the Cristobal experience.

Rob said what he needed to in that regard, but Mario being dishonest about that is going to sting internally.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

"My phone’s blowing up. There’s no shortage of interest."
I can only imagine. While we are all upset, this is a top 10 program right now (Thank you uncle Phil!!). There is certainly going to be quite a bit of interest.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

QuackininBama wrote:
"My phone’s blowing up. There’s no shortage of interest."
I can only imagine. While we are all upset, this is a top 10 program right now (Thank you uncle Phil!!). There is certainly going to be quite a bit of interest.
Yes, a whole lot of agents are once again trying to leverage the Oregon AD on behalf of their client.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

What stands out to me is Mullens is going after and presumed will hire a coach capable of leading a top 10 program. I hope he follows through and pays a top tier coach. I really do understand Cristabol and his decision……. If he told his players and recruits to stay on their path.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

I appreciate that he's telling recruits to stay with oregon, although that doesn't mean much now that so much of the staff could be gone.

He seems like an ambitious guy, but does he really think he'll ever win a championship at Miami? They ll have to go through Clemson to do that. Clemson has much better players, recruits, development, staff, coach, and facilities and resources than Miami does. From a football perspective, I would get it if he left for Alabama but Miami doesn't make sense. I'm guessing the family and mother aspect played a big part of it as well, but as always, we'll never know the full details of what really happen...
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

alxtw wrote:I appreciate that he's telling recruits to stay with oregon, although that doesn't mean much now that so much of the staff could be gone.

He seems like an ambitious guy, but does he really think he'll ever win a championship at Miami? They ll have to go through Clemson to do that. Clemson has much better players, recruits, development, staff, coach, and facilities and resources than Miami does. From a football perspective, I would get it if he left for Alabama but Miami doesn't make sense. I'm guessing the family and mother aspect played a big part of it as well, but as always, we'll never know the full details of what really happen...
Clemson just lost the dude that was truthfully carrying that program so the ACC could be up for grabs. Regardless, dude is still a s*** coach
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Mullens - There is no shortage of interest. My phone has been blowing up

Helton and Diaz speed dialing Mullens over and over again and leaving messages - If you are looking to pay someone $85M to go 14-6 over the next 20 games, I’m your guy.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

northbeachsf wrote:Mullens - “There is no shortage of interest. My phone has been blowing up”.

Helton and Diaz speed dialing Mullens over and over again and leaving messages - “If you are looking to pay someone $85M to go 14-6 over the next 20 games, I’m your guy”.
We could always bring in Mike Stoops. I wonder how his scowl would look in green and yellow? :-)

I wouldn't be surprised if Rick Neuheisel is interested, as well. Yes, he's a jerk. But he did have great teams at Colorado and UW. I still don't want him, though.

Back on topic, if Mullens is serious about hiring a coach capable of leading a top 10 program, he's going to have a short list to choose from due to who's still available.
John 3:36
thatbpguy
Four Star Recruit

Post by thatbpguy »

alxtw wrote:I appreciate that he's telling recruits to stay with oregon, although that doesn't mean much now that so much of the staff could be gone.

Ya know, I don't think so. I think it's just home to him.