Which coaches do we lose with Cristobal?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

rockthief
Senior

Re: Which coaches do we lose with Cristobal?

Post by rockthief »

Yates and DeRuyter toTexas Tech
https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2021/1 ... eport.html

Yates is no loss
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Could this be a possible indicator to the skill set of the coach Mullens is checking out?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

It seems like Oregon loses a new coach every week. Mullen's is hesitating and we all know he is going to settle anyways. I wished he would have settled for Deruyter or Moorehead to keep the main core of assistants at Oregon. However if Mullens is cleaning house he better not settle with someone like Wilcox etc.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

duck023 wrote:It seems like Oregon loses a new coach every week. Mullen's is hesitating and we all know he is going to settle anyways. I wished he would have settled for Deruyter or Moorehead to keep the main core of assistants at Oregon. However if Mullens is cleaning house he better not settle with someone like Wilcox etc.
You misunderstand how this all works. Assistants work for the head coach. They move on because they have no guarantee of employment when a new coach begins.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Deruyter is good but I don’t think he was a good fit at Oregon, at least with Cristobal. If he didn’t have such a timid bend but don’t break scheme KT would’ve had twice the sacks this year. I’m hoping whoever they bring in can recruit and bring out a more aggressive defense.

How about Dontae Williams as DC?
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

I'm not upset by this at all.
Any new coach is gonna come in and hire new coaches anyway.
They might as well take an opening while they can get one.

But they might need a couple of us now to go down and start helping out preps for the bowl game.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

StevensTechU wrote:
duck023 wrote:It seems like Oregon loses a new coach every week. Mullen's is hesitating and we all know he is going to settle anyways. I wished he would have settled for Deruyter or Moorehead to keep the main core of assistants at Oregon. However if Mullens is cleaning house he better not settle with someone like Wilcox etc.
You misunderstand how this all works. Assistants work for the head coach. They move on because they have no guarantee of employment when a new coach begins.
This^

And if we hire the top guy on your coaching search board, he wouldn't want a majority of these guys.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Deruyter is good but I don’t think he was a good fit at Oregon, at least with Cristobal. If he didn’t have such a timid bend but don’t break scheme KT would’ve had twice the sacks this year. I’m hoping whoever they bring in can recruit and bring out a more aggressive defense.

How about Dontae Williams as DC?
This could be a sign to that Dave Aranda is coming over and he wants his Defense/Coaches whereas an Offensive minded coach may want to keep a few Defensive guys.

I'd rather give Dontae the CB position with a title and hefty pay raise rather than making him a play-caller depending on who we do hire.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

At least Wilson is staying on for the bowl game.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
This^

And if we hire the top guy on your coaching search board, he wouldn't want a majority of these guys.
I get what you guy's are saying and it makes sense IF we get a top level head coach. However I'd settle with Deruyter before I settle with Wilcox as the head coach. So I'm not sure if I should be worried knowing that our AD likes to settle.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

duck023 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
This^

I get what you guy's are saying and it makes sense IF we get a top level head coach. However I'd settle with Deruyter before I settle with Wilcox as the head coach. So I'm not sure if I should be worried knowing that our AD likes to settle.
It sounds like Wilcox would only be the head coach if we swung out on a bunch of others. Let's at least wait and see what happens and then we can continue this discussion.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Must have been told he wasn’t getting the HC gig here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Sheet. Cupboard is completely bare. Ducks taking volunteers to coach the bowl game? Costa as the O-coordinator this game?
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

Wow, so at this point it's looking like Big Joe is the only coach without a known likely landing spot?

Mirabal, Williams, Chance, and McClendon following Mario to Miami.
Mastro (HC) and Wilson (DC) to Nevada.
Moorhead to Akron.
DeRuyter and Yates to Tech.