Which coaches do we lose with Cristobal?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lmduck

Re: Which coaches do we lose with Cristobal?

Post by lmduck »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Looks like Ken Wilson is going back home to Nevada. Mastro will likely follow him.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

So basically the only guys from the on field coaching staff who have yet to find a (presumed) destination are Big Joe, Bobby Williams, and Rod Chance.
I’ve already speculated that Bobby Williams will retire. No idea on Salavea’s or Chance’s plans.

Relevant for two reasons: Oregon saves buyout money, pittance compared to head coaches but up to $3 million total for the on field assistants. The second one is that once Miami fired their AD this was all set into action and I’d be hard pressed to believe that Cristobal’s assistants (at least the ones he’s targeting) weren’t aware. Makes me think we played our last three games with most of the staff having a foot out the door.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

While all the assistant coaches leaving is bad for recruiting and retaining players, it could be a harbinger for a big hire who's bringing in his alot of his own staff. Many of the assistant coaches leaving for parallel or lower jobs before the new coach is hire seems to have seen the writing on the walls.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

GoDucksTroll wrote:So basically the only guys from the on field coaching staff who have yet to find a (presumed) destination are Big Joe, Bobby Williams, and Rod Chance.
I’ve already speculated that Bobby Williams will retire. No idea on Salavea’s or Chance’s plans.

Relevant for two reasons: Oregon saves buyout money, pittance compared to head coaches but up to $3 million total for the on field assistants. The second one is that once Miami fired their AD this was all set into action and I’d be hard pressed to believe that Cristobal’s assistants (at least the ones he’s targeting) weren’t aware. Makes me think we played our last three games with most of the staff having a foot out the door.
And it sounds like Chance and Williams will leave.

Literally only coach left is Salavea. :lol:

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Mastro could end up at Univ of Nevada with Wilson.

Interesting that Mario (as best we know) is not after Salavea. They supposedly had a close relationship. I have heard seperately that Joe is not eager to uproot his family again so maybe that has something to do with it.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

lmduck wrote:Mastro could end up at Univ of Nevada with Wilson.

Interesting that Mario (as best we know) is not after Salavea. They supposedly had a close relationship. I have heard seperately that Joe is not eager to uproot his family again so maybe that has something to do with it.
Joe like Western side of the states.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:So basically the only guys from the on field coaching staff who have yet to find a (presumed) destination are Big Joe, Bobby Williams, and Rod Chance.

And it sounds like Chance and Williams will leave.

Literally only coach left is Salavea. :lol:
I’ve been a broken record on Big Joe being a Big Bust, but it would be funny if Cristobal takes everyone (minus Moorhead, DeRuyter/Yates, Wilson) and leaves him after green lighting all of those raises.

I will say that Dorlus and Popo were AP (and PFF whom I hate) first team all conference, so credit to him there. And Brady Hoke for Popo, and Cort Dennison for Dorlus. It’s a shame Cort is apparently a sociopath, he got some results for Oregon- only behind Huard and Jimmy Lake for Dawgs helping Dawgs.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

BMac is waiting on the new UO HC to decide what he does next. He hasn’t taken a job in Miami yet.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:BMac is waiting on the new UO HC to decide what he does next. He hasn’t taken a job in Miami yet.
There is some thought (read chatter) floating around that BMac could be one of the people that Lanning could potentially retain. Not saying I have a source, just saying there is talk.

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

buckmarkduck wrote:BMac is waiting on the new UO HC to decide what he does next. He hasn’t taken a job in Miami yet.
Seems like we're aren't giving BMac much of a chance for OC if we're keeping Moorhead for another 18 days but I suppose it's likely moot anyways as if it's Lanning, I hope we can get someone with more experience in the role
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

I'm sure if it is Lanning, he has some pretty strong ideas who to call as his "supporting staff"...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Duck07 wrote:
Seems like we're aren't giving BMac much of a chance for OC if we're keeping Moorhead for another 18 days but I suppose it's likely moot anyways as if it's Lanning, I hope we can get someone with more experience in the role
Even if he is retained BMac would likely not be the OC. He is a Georgia guy but did not cross paths with Lanning there based on all accounts so there is A POSSIBILITY he could stay but again lots of possibilities.

GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Lanning has very limited experience/tenure so he probably doesn’t have a huge network of fellow coaches. That’s part of the speculation on how news about him being a candidate was leaked.

Maybe BMac stays on as WR coach with a co-OC title it Lanning brings this Dillingham fellow.

BMac did get demoted by Will Muschamp, who’s at UGA now - but it was to save his skin by doing something. BMac’s 2018 SCAR offense averaged over 30 PPG, only team they’ve had in seven years since Spurrier left to average over 23.