Transferring in DT's

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

thatbpguy
Four Star Recruit

Transferring in DT's

Post by thatbpguy »

first, I heard a WSU DT was transferring in. Can't recall his name, but he's a 5th yr sr.

Second- Former Washington Huskies defensive tackle Taki Taimani, from Salt Lake City, Utah, has transferred from UW and will now suit up in the green and yellow of Oregon.

Taimami is a redshirt junior that stands at 6-foot-2 and weighs 321 pounds. In Seattle, Taimani started 14 of the Huskies’ last 16 games and in his four seasons and 29 career games, totaling 71 tackles with 3.5 tackles for loss. He contributed 43 tackles, two tackles for loss, two pass breakups, and a fumble recovery in 11 games last season.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Transferring in DT's

Post by StevensTechU »

Taimani is still a ball of clay. Hopefully after a year behind Popo, he and Keanu Williams will be ready to man the middle. I'd rather have Jayson Jones, but not a horrible dropoff.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

StevensTechU wrote:Taimani is still a ball of clay. Hopefully after a year behind Popo, he and Keanu Williams will be ready to man the middle. I'd rather have Jayson Jones, but not a horrible dropoff.

Agreed. Jayson was a different body type and had a good work ethic. I think we'll see him again on TV.

With that said, Taiamani is a good 3rd option and wound up our favorite fanbase.
Shmoopie
High School Drop Out

Post by Shmoopie »

Just out of curiosity, who approves incoming transfers? I can't seem to locate this information anywhere...

With Lanning concentrating his time and efforts on the upcoming game Monday, I can't believe that he would be spending his time watching film, interviewing, and researching potential transfers.

Certainly it can't just be the players dictating that they get to go where they want?
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Shmoopie wrote:Just out of curiosity, who approves incoming transfers? I can't seem to locate this information anywhere...

With Lanning concentrating his time and efforts on the upcoming game Monday, I can't believe that he would be spending his time watching film, interviewing, and researching potential transfers.

Certainly it can't just be the players dictating that they get to go where they want?
Lanning is working two jobs right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

lmduck wrote:
Shmoopie wrote:Just out of curiosity, who approves incoming transfers? I can't seem to locate this information anywhere...

Lanning is working two jobs right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s looks half of Americans, just works remotely
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

I would assume Lanning delegates to his staff. If they want a guy they would probably rate the guy attach a 5 minute highlight clip and Lanning gives the final thumbs up or down.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

He's also got most of his assistants now in Eugene so Lanning isn't having to do everything.