Tosh Lupoi officially new DC/LB coach

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Tosh Lupoi officially new DC/LB coach

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon has officially announced Tosh Lupoi as the new DC and LB coach.
greenyellow

Re: Tosh Lupoi officially new DC/LB coach

Post by greenyellow »

Seems Tosh played a part in Taimani coming to Oregon.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

So weird. I think he's good at what he does, but he is one of my least favorite college coaches.

The irony...

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

We don't even have the same locker room for him to be able to play xbox with recruits anymore.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

Duck07 wrote:We don't even have the same locker room for him to be able to play xbox with recruits anymore.
You are right. They now have an entire gaming theater!
bdkipe
Two Star Recruit

Post by bdkipe »

This specific hire has forced me to look at the biases I've exhibited as a Duck fan.

Definitely hard to reconcile how I feel about the hire.

- Was Tosh was Tedford's scapegoat for "Injurygate in 2010" or did he actually come up with the idea?
- Was he rogue or acting on Sark's orders when in came to the Basham situation at UW?

I start to thing about all that alleged "grease" and then remember that I completely justified and defended Coach Cam for the J.J. Arrington debacle.

EVERY big-time program, including the Ducks, gets their hands dirty, sometimes even for the "right" reasons (helping a student or their family out with basic life needs).

I think where we got spoiled as Duck fans is that where many programs "deny, deny, deny" our coaching and compliance has tended to own up to their various violations over the years. I still have a lot of respect for Chip for flying to the NCAA Show-Cause Hearing in Texas when he was the coach of the Eagles. He wasn't required to be there, had no reason to be there, but still took the time to stand up and be accountable for mistakes he made. Look at me, I'm still being naive and justifying now. Sigh.

I can't remember the person who posted this on the board a few week ago but they deserve credit for making me laugh.

The poster said something like, "the way this staff is being assembled we are guaranteed to both be in the playoffs and on extremely serious NCAA Probation within the next 3 years" (sic). That made me chuckle.

GO DUCKS!
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

I imagine Tosh will operate within the boundaries that Lanning and AD establish. If they go blind eye or wink, he'll act one way. If they tell him to stay above board, use the Division Street clean NIL money, I imagine he will. He already has made his rep and his money, this job he can play straight-up and live with the recruiting results which hopefully will still be excellent.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

I heard someone refer to the staff as the "Show Cause All-Stars." Thought it was perfect.

I think even some big duck homers see this staff and HC as a big gamble...but it'll be fun times either way.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

We just photoshopping heads onto stock photos now, UO? I feel like there was a hard 5pm deadline for this photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

making the off season at least fun with these elite recruiting coaches being hired
JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Post by JIDuck97 »

whosyourwally wrote:We just photoshopping heads onto stock photos now, UO? I feel like there was a hard 5pm deadline for this photo.

Yes. We are saving money by using amateur graphic artist graduates from the former OSB.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

bdkipe wrote:This specific hire has forced me to look at the biases I've exhibited as a Duck fan.

Definitely hard to reconcile how I feel about the hire.

- Was Tosh was Tedford's scapegoat for "Injurygate in 2010" or did he actually come up with the idea?
- Was he rogue or acting on Sark's orders when in came to the Basham situation at UW?

I start to thing about all that alleged "grease" and then remember that I completely justified and defended Coach Cam for the J.J. Arrington debacle.

EVERY big-time program, including the Ducks, gets their hands dirty, sometimes even for the "right" reasons (helping a student or their family out with basic life needs).

I think where we got spoiled as Duck fans is that where many programs "deny, deny, deny" our coaching and compliance has tended to own up to their various violations over the years. I still have a lot of respect for Chip for flying to the NCAA Show-Cause Hearing in Texas when he was the coach of the Eagles. He wasn't required to be there, had no reason to be there, but still took the time to stand up and be accountable for mistakes he made. Look at me, I'm still being naive and justifying now. Sigh.

I can't remember the person who posted this on the board a few week ago but they deserve credit for making me laugh.

The poster said something like, "the way this staff is being assembled we are guaranteed to both be in the playoffs and on extremely serious NCAA Probation within the next 3 years" (sic). That made me chuckle.

GO DUCKS!
At the time, Cal insiders 100% confirmed Tosh was the fall guy for Tedford. Said it was well known in the locker room.

Can't speak to the UW issue but would not surprise me that he was acting on Sark's orders. Just look at Sark's history at UW. It was rumored that he tried to get someone else to take the heat for the bar bills he charged to the AD. Then he reveresed course and said he was 'entertaining' big dollar donors/alums. That whole episoded got shut down pretty quickly because there were lots of dirty hands in the cookie jar.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

whosyourwally wrote:We just photoshopping heads onto stock photos now, UO? I feel like there was a hard 5pm deadline for this photo.

That was embarrassingly awful. All the graphics guys must be gone or on vacation. I could have bad a better one made in two minutes. At least take one of the pics of him at Bama and change the crimson to green, shop out the A and call it a day.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

bdkipe wrote: I start to thing about all that alleged "grease" and then remember that I completely justified and defended Coach Cam for the J.J. Arrington debacle.
Honestly, this Coach Cam slander needs to stop on here. He's by far one of the single most respected coaches in our history and the JJ Arrington fax/letter of intent doesn't change that. Continuing to use his name as some example of a "greasy" coach just boggles my mind.