Post by chapelhillduck »

Dollars back out of the portal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Dollars in the portal

Post by StevensTechU »

Aaaaaaand he's back.

Would honestly rather use the scholarship elsewhere, but that's just my armchair take.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Snip snap snip snap
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

I do wonder what is happening here, are these guys just going to the portal without talking to anyone ? I dont blame Dollars at all I am honestly just wondering how / who these guys are talking to
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

justducky0 wrote:I do wonder what is happening here, are these guys just going to the portal without talking to anyone ? I dont blame Dollars at all I am honestly just wondering how / who these guys are talking to
They are young kids making decisions based on their emotions at that moment. We all did it. Of course they are talking to the coaches. Kids make impulsive decisions sometimes. It's called growing up.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

lmduck wrote:
justducky0 wrote:I do wonder what is happening here, are these guys just going to the portal without talking to anyone ? I dont blame Dollars at all I am honestly just wondering how / who these guys are talking to
They are young kids making decisions based on their emotions at that moment. We all did it. Of course they are talking to the coaches. Kids make impulsive decisions sometimes. It's called growing up.
They’re adults. I get that they still may not make the best decisions but entering the portal only to leave it after one conversation with the coach makes it’s seem like they just did it on whim. Which is a weird thing to do, even for a young adult.

duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
lmduck wrote:
They’re adults. I get that they still may not make the best decisions but entering the portal only to leave it after one conversation with the coach makes it’s seem like they just did it on whim. Which is a weird thing to do, even for a young adult.

First class in college the prof started by saying "this isnt high scholl and you
will be treated as adults" then piled on the home work
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
lmduck wrote:

Sure they are considered adults because they are 18 or older but are they really adults????? Again like most of us even though we were 19-20 years old we didn't always make 'adult' decisions. My point is that it is likely based more on impulse that rationality. Either way Dollars is back on board and that is a good thing.

Now we need to hear from Dye and Verdell. Maybe Lanning gets asked at his presser today at 3PM.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

lmduck wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:
lmduck wrote:

Sure they are considered adults because they are 18 or older but are they really adults????? Again like most of us even though we were 19-20 years old we didn't always make 'adult' decisions. My point is that it is likely based more on impulse that rationality. Either way Dollars is back on board and that is a good thing.

Now we need to hear from Dye and Verdell. Maybe Lanning gets asked at his presser today at 3PM.
I get it, Dollars is a few years in though and you would think something as major as transferring schools wouldn’t be approached the same as liking an Instagram post. Going in, then out, then back in, then finally talking to the coach and back out again is wild behavior. Even for an impulsive young adult ha.

alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

He's not a kid who will not be a surefire NFL draft pick regardless of which school he ends up at. So it is a life altering decision and seems like he's really pondering hard on this decision. Where as some kids these days just transfer because their feelings or egos got hurt.

The transfer portal allows kids to do things like this nowadays. I wouldn't mind going back to the sit out a season for transfers to make this decision actually mean something.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

He's not a kid who will not be a surefire NFL draft pick regardless of which school he ends up at. So it is a life altering decision and seems like he's really pondering hard on this decision. Where as some kids these days just transfer because their feelings or egos got hurt.

The transfer portal allows kids to do things like this nowadays. I wouldn't mind going back to the sit out a season for transfers to make this decision actually mean something.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

alxtw wrote:He's not a kid who will not be a surefire NFL draft pick regardless of which school he ends up at. So it is a life altering decision and seems like he's really pondering hard on this decision. Where as some kids these days just transfer because their feelings or egos got hurt.

Why, though? The Portal isn't hurting anyone and provides the player with more options. As long as coaches can move freely (and without criticism -- which boggles my mind), then players should be awarded those same opportunities. Quit holding collegiate-aged student athletes to a higher standard than 40-50 year coaches.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

DmoneyDuck wrote:
alxtw wrote:He's not a kid who will not be a surefire NFL draft pick regardless of which school he ends up at. So it is a life altering decision and seems like he's really pondering hard on this decision. Where as some kids these days just transfer because their feelings or egos got hurt.

Why, though? The Portal isn't hurting anyone and provides the player with more options. As long as coaches can move freely (and without criticism -- which boggles my mind), then players should be awarded those same opportunities. Quit holding collegiate-aged student athletes to a higher standard than 40-50 year coaches.
Coaches can also be fired freely. Players in the pac12 can't and have their scholarships honored. (Can give them indications you don't want them but still requires the players to voluntarily leave)